PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU ALL

twise
06-09-2008, 08:48 PM
while i have a spare second as my poor printer is printing yet again more EYFS stuff to read through, I want to take the time to say thank you to everybody who has made my childminding life so much easier.

I haven't appeared to be on for a while instead I have been lurking in the back ground, printing, laminating, filing, observing, assesing, sticking, painting, accounting, playing, SEFing.....as is eveyone I'm sure.

Without the information given on here which is priceless, i think I would have thrown in the towel. I gave up a job in administration to become a childminder and not only do I find that as well as trying to offer an excellent service to both parents and children...i have never done so much administaration in my life...

I have a friend who started childminding at the beginning of August. She was originally a nursery nurse. I bumped into her last week and she looked like she hadn't slept for a month she promptly told me that she is asked for her old job back because she can't stand the all consuming reams of paperwork!!!

So once again thank you all (thank you sarah for your SEF Notes etc really could not have filled that form in, this side of xmas without those pointers).

My bromley policy inserts have finished printing so got to go....

I shall try to contribute more in the future

Tracy:D

sarah707
06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Tracy, glad they've all helped!

Sounds like you've been very busy...

Look forward to chatting soon :D

miffy
06-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear you've got everything sorted!

Now you can come and talk to us :D

Miffy xx

polobear1970
07-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Great to hear your sorted

well done you:clapping:

sue m
07-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Good for you! We all knw exactly what you mean. These people who think we are just 'babysitters' don't have a :censored: clue do they. I went to a friends house for a meal last night and was telling them about the paperwork, only part of it, and they were both gobsmacked, had no idea at all and simply could not understand why we do it for £3 ph or whatever we might get.

Jules12Wed
07-09-2008, 09:11 AM
I fully agree we're quite often referred to as JUST childminders. People just don't realise the amount of time, effort, committment etc that goes into the job. It is a profession not just being done for a bit of money on the side.

I could quite easily spend every free minute that I have searching for information, writing up notes, printing etc.

I too would like to say a big thank you to everyone here for the information I have gained. THANK YOU

cherry
07-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I've said it before but I'll say it again, without this forum I know I would never had got Outstanding in my inspection.

This forum is the best find ever. There are so many people willing to share information and give brilliant advise.

So a big THANK YOU to everyone

LOOPYLISA
07-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Ill second that ok ive not had my icp(mon):clapping: , so im hoping ill get some info there? but hand on heart ive learnt soooooo much here so i just want to say a BIG thankyou xxxxxx:thumbsup:

LisaH
07-09-2008, 05:17 PM
I'll third it!! This site is fantastic. I would definately have gone off my rocker this last couple of months without it!:laughing:

angeldelight
07-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Glad to hear you are sorted well done

Angel xx