PDA

View Full Version : EEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!!

Helen Dempster
06-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Hello you lovely ladies!
scared, anxious, nervous, bricking it....call it what you will, but I have my very first meeting with my very first parent on Thursday next week! I'm having flashbacks to the day I started big school, the day I started work, the day I passed my driving test....all those things rolled into one. What I mean is, I am SOOOOOOOOOO scared!!!! :eek: When she phoned today, it was a terrible line and I could barely hear her, had to keep asking her to repeat herself (but it didn't seem to put her off). It's only part time, two days a week, for 2 siblings, but sure is better than nothing, and a good start. Please keep everything crossed that I don't do something stupid and blow my chances! :panic:

PS: hope you're all having great weekend!

Hels xx

breezy
06-09-2008, 05:38 PM
you'll be fine, main thing is be yourself, have your paperwork ready for them to look at and stay calm, you're the boss!!!!!!!!!!
good luck :)

jaz
06-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Good luck hope all goes well.

J
x

LisaH
06-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Good luck hun!! I'm sure you will be just fine.:)

cloud9
06-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Good luck and remember don't put to much pressure on yourself. its so much easier for you and the parent if you are relaxed and yourself:)

cherry
06-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Good luck and let us know how you got on :thumbsup:

ajs
06-09-2008, 06:49 PM
good luck from me too
you'll be fine
although it desn't matter how many times i've interviewed parents i still say silly things and make silly mistakes

Nettynoo
06-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Loads and loads of luck and remember they will probably be as nervous as you!!! Fingers crossed!!!:)

tulip0803
06-09-2008, 11:36 PM
You'll be fine. Good luck:clapping:

Shirlwith3
07-09-2008, 06:25 AM
Good luck for thursday.

Just make sure like the others have said ready toys out to suit the childrens age & be yourself.

I have had 2 interviews lately the first one I just had a feeling about the lady, the way she spoke to her mum thenshe just messed me about. the second I had a really good feeling the mum brought her mum & dad too & all three asked questions the baby's gran said "would A be the youngest " that was when I knew the mum was going to sign there & then.

So when the mum comes take a deep breath.

Shirl

polobear1970
07-09-2008, 06:53 AM
take deep breaths and be yourself.

your be fine

good luck anyway

lisa

miffy
07-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Good luck from me too :)

Hope the meeting goes well and you get the job

Fingers crossed

Miffy xx

angeldelight
08-09-2008, 08:12 AM
I am sure you will be fine

Good luck for Thursday

Angel xx

emmadines
08-09-2008, 08:19 AM
ooooooooooooooooo good luck, and like the others have said be yourself.

one thing on the contract, put your details reg number ect on the 1st page. (I kept having to get up and look on my wall (certificate) for my details :blush:

have all your paperwork ready and be yourself (offer a cup of tea I do lol) ooo and dont forget to talk to the children at somepoint, ask what toys do they like best etc?

GOOD LUCK

jellytot
08-09-2008, 09:36 AM
good luck

i always find i get a bit tongue tied when talking to new poeple and i have found instead of me babalin on about anything and everything ( sometimes not even related ) it works better for me to ask parents if they want to ask me anything they want to know. i have found they cover most things as they want to pretty much know everything and if they do miss anything off you can just fill in the rest.

but as evry1 has said just be yourself, my parents have got to know i'm a bit dippy now :blush: :laughing: :blush: :laughing:

Straws
08-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Good luck fingers crossed they sign up

Straws xx