PDA

View Full Version : Depressed

cloud9
06-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I ma staring to get really depressed now i have 2 full timers (3 days) on the books and thats its. i have had no luck filing my other ones. There have been no calls or e-mails in months now as its so slow here and we're all advertising like mad. I'm down to £800 a month now before outgoings and its starting to really get to me.
I'm spending loads of time like a saddo checking my e-mail to no avail!
Just thought i'd have a whinge!

Pipsqueak
06-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Whinge away - I know the feeling though - the area I live is has been in a slump for a while and I have not had enquiries (bar 1 and she has signed for a temp 6 week contract and two others that I think were hoaxs).

I have advertised everywhere, been round local industrial/retail estates, playgroups, schools, hv's everywhere.

Keep at it - update CIS reguarly to keep your name to the top.

jaz
06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Can completely sympathise. My earnings are around £600 a month which is just short of pathetic!! I have had pepole leave because of school / pre school starters and absolutley no enquiries.

Lets hope the phone starts ringing soon

J
x

watgem
06-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Hi glad its not just me, seems to be like it in our area too, perhaps the recessions to blame? I only have 1 child full time twice a week others are all part time sometimes I wonder if its worth all the effort I put in if the kids/parents weren't so lovely I think I'd give uo. Good luck hope things pick up:)

chels55
06-09-2008, 01:41 PM
it was like this a while back for me, with no enquiries for months but now im having around two enquiries per week.:clapping:
hope things pick up for you soon

Blackhorse
06-09-2008, 02:08 PM
hopefully things will change for you soon!!

:thumbsup:

Spangles
06-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I hope you get some more work soon. Keep positive.

x

LisaH
06-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Hope things get better soon, try not to worry, I'm sure work is just around the corner.:)

sarah707
06-09-2008, 07:04 PM
All you can do is keep advertising and tell everyone you know what you do!

Good luck xx

katickles
06-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I too hope that you get some enquiries soon, your luck will change :)

bubbly
06-09-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm down to £800 a month now before outgoings and its starting to really get to me.
Thought I'd make you feel better - I'm down to £456 per month! :(

polobear1970
07-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Hopefully it will change soon

Sending you a good luck angel :littleangel:

Lisa

Pudding Girl
07-09-2008, 07:59 AM
awful bit of this business isn't it that it is so unpredictable! I know it's easy for those who have mindees/are full up to say but it really is true, one week you can be on your uppers and the very next week full!

Can you try to reduce your expenses to the barest barest minimum? Chin up x

manjay
07-09-2008, 08:13 AM
It is such a shame that our job has this major downside. I am very very lucky that my income is not needed to run our house but if it were I too would have been struggling in the 10 months since I registered. A couple of the months I have only brought in a couple of hundred pounds. But I have kept at it and let absolutely everyone that I see know I am a childminder. It seems to have worked as from the end of this month I am completely full with 3 under 5's and 6 after schoolers most days. There are 3 minders in our village and I am lucky that the other 2 established ones always pass on my numbers to any parents they can't accommodate. I know we are all full as we have had to turn down after school care for a family this week as none of us can do it. I am also well aware none of this is guaranteed and could all change at the drop of a hat.

I think with the credit crunch going on parents are going that little bit further to try to find free childcare or changing working hours to fit in with school times. It is also very much the luck of the draw.

I do hope things pick up for you xxxx

disney
07-09-2008, 08:46 AM
im sorry for you :( just wanted to send you hugs im sure things will pick up soon x

Ripeberry
07-09-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm not registered yet, but have a feeling it may be a bit quiet:( . But i'm getting myself prepared with advertising for the car and business cards.
I'm lucky that my DH brings in money to run the house but we don't have that much left over after buying food, that is why childminding might bring in a bit of xtra cash.
At least i'm at home and not having to do Home Care work at weekends and in the evening anymore as it was quite scary (rough areas) and also only got paid £6 an hour!
The petrol costs alone don't cover the measly 18p per mile they gave us.
Just hope it all picks up quite soon for you all!

Chatterbox Childcare
07-09-2008, 09:56 AM
I know it is depressing having a small amount but it will pick up and when it does the phone won't stop ringing.

With the new ones going back there should be calls when mum realises that things have changed

Chin up and keep smiling

Monkey1
07-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Big hugs babe. Like everyone else said, things will pick up x

LOOPYLISA
07-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Do hope it picks up for you hun, i just hope i get lots of enquiries when eventually registered, although thank goodness hubbys wage covers most things, good luck xx:thumbsup:

cloud9
07-09-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm not registered yet, but have a feeling it may be a bit quiet:( . But i'm getting myself prepared with advertising for the car and business cards.
I'm lucky that my DH brings in money to run the house but we don't have that much left over after buying food, that is why childminding might bring in a bit of xtra cash.
At least i'm at home and not having to do Home Care work at weekends and in the evening anymore as it was quite scary (rough areas) and also only got paid £6 an hour!
The petrol costs alone don't cover the measly 18p per mile they gave us.
Just hope it all picks up quite soon for you all!

Thanks everyone for your support.
But i couldnt help but noitice its 40p a mile

charleyfarley
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Things will improve for you I'm sure.

I had to rely on a casual mindee for my income, luckily for us we don't depend on me earning much, whatever I make is a bonus.

Anyway he kept me going for a year when all my others left due to moving homes and schools.

But now I have 2 full timers and am happy with this, can't seem to get any after schoolers though :panic:

In the last 3 weeks I've had enquries for 2 full time and 1 part time, none of which I can do so work is out there.

Let anyone who will listen that you are a childminder as you never know who is looking for childcare.

I really hope things pick up for you really soon

Carol xx