PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in the South West??

kindredspirits
05-09-2008, 10:10 PM
I have just returned from a very stressful trip to cornwall - we towed our 30 year old campervan 8 hours to its new owner - i was being towed 1.8m from my husband, who tends to take bends a little faster than i would so we're both pretty frazzled. (george was an angel!!)

anyway, it's given me an even stronger yearning to move back down country asap - we've got 2 lines of action - stay here for a year so i can work and pay off our debts, which aren't huge in the grand sphere of things but i don't want to move down and be sitting on the beach wondering how to pay the rent again.
OR (and this is where this post comes in)
one of you lovely ladies hopefully tells me that you live in Cornwall/Devon and there is a massive shortage of childminders where you live ;) its a long shot but i miss the beach, the surf, the people and generally my life down there!
We parked up in exeter today (with my peterborough advertising still on the car) and a lady got out and asked me where werrington village was as she's looking for a childminder! Is it an omen????????????????

So anyone know i can get plenty of work and a house to rent and i swear we'll move tomorrow!!!!
anna xx

Chatterbox Childcare
05-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I am in Wiltshire so no help to you at all.

I really think you will find what you are looking for. Have fun

SimplyLucy
06-09-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm about 12 miles from Exeter and I've turned loads of work down over the summer because I'm full.

I live in a tiny town thats about 6 miles from the beach, 12 miles from Exeter and about 25 miles to Dartmoor. It's an ideal location and beautiful, I don't appreciate it enough!

balloon
06-09-2008, 07:51 AM
No childminders needed in my area (East Devon coast), we all have vacancies to fill.

nannysue
06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I live in Clevedon by the sea ( between Bristol and Weston-Super-Mare) You would have passed it J20 on way to Exeter. Its a lovely area, a lot of people relocate to here as its easy access to the motorway for work.

Sue x

jaz
06-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I am in Wiltshire so no help to you at all.

I really think you will find what you are looking for. Have fun

Where abouts in Wiltshire are you?

J
x

butterfly
07-09-2008, 12:55 PM
We parked up in exeter today (with my peterborough advertising still on the car) and a lady got out and asked me where werrington village was as she's looking for a childminder! Is it an omen????????????????

where did she live?? i'm about 20 mins from exeter and still ave some vacancies to fill!!

kindredspirits
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
i don't know - but i would really recommend getting some car magnets made up - we were parking up in the multistory right in the town centre (that takes out out next to topshop). my signs were only about £20 from vistaprint!

devoncm
08-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Im in Exmouth, get a fair few calls tho most i cant help with.

Good luck in what you decide

PaulaR
08-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I live in Cornwall and have had a space since Xmas to fill but you could go to the next town adn find a different story.
I wouldn't move because of work but because you want to move.

kindredspirits
08-09-2008, 09:01 PM
i really want to move - but i don't want to move to no work - if that makes sense. I hate living in Peterborough and i really miss the beach - but i've got a few mindees up here and for the first time in years am starting to get on my feet, money wise, so its a bit of a long shot if i move to no work!