PDA

View Full Version : 7 seater which one?

chels55
05-09-2008, 06:40 PM
im in desperate need of 7 seater now, can anyone tell me which is a better insurance bracket , fuel, and tax.
I usually buy a car on the colour and look :blush: but need to be sensible this time

Mrs.L.C
05-09-2008, 07:18 PM
money wise the zafira is good but the boot is very very tiny when all seats r up and most pushchairs wont fit in it

DudleyChildmind
05-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm pleased I came across this thread as I am in desperate need of a 7-seater as well. I have looked at the Zafiras and they looked okay to me. I didn't try and fit the pushchair in though.

Mrs.L.C
05-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I love my zafira. I was going to get an estate 5 seater but for about £1000 more I got the zafira and now I couldnt live without it. Just ahving the 1 extra seat is a massive help and then enough boot space for the buggy. i mangaed to get a cheap stroller off ebay that fits in the boot with all seats up for the holidays and another childmidner managed to find a double to fit in hers (new style) and I think on the newer one theres the seats that can turn into booster seats.

well worth the money if money is tight but if its not then the larger people carriers may be better re boot space

DudleyChildmind
05-09-2008, 07:32 PM
I think I will take the pushchair to the showroom and try it out for space before I decide. Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

hello kitty
05-09-2008, 07:50 PM
I've got a Chrysler Grand Voyager which is fab. Huge boot, big interior, lovely to drive BUT very very thirsty on petrol and the tax is SOOOO expensive. But it is a lovely car. :blush:

sarah707
05-09-2008, 07:58 PM
We have a Toyota Lucida Jap import.

Deisel... 8 seater ... big boot ... not too guzzling on the fuel ... 2 wheel drive so cheaper tax ...

Very happy with it :D

wellybelly
05-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I have a Renault Scenic. Its quite good on fuel and average for tax. Its really spacious and I can fit a stroller along with book / pe bags and lunchboxes in the boot with all the seats upright. The best thing about it is, I can put the kids in the car and walk into the back from the drivers seat to do their seat belts up securly.

kellyg
05-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I am very lucky as we have a Volvo XC90 which is a really nice luxury car but not the best economically however I did used to have a Seat Alhambra which was actually pretty good on the money side and a fab car, it drove really nice and had enough room in the back once the seats were up to have as a boot, they are deffo bigger than a Zafira and I think cheaper - they are like the Galaxy but with the Seat Logo and few other better bits - I really liked it and would get another......just to give you another idea/option ;-)

LisaH
05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I have a zafira too and i love it but have to admit its not great on boot space!!

My sil had a kia sedona. Tons of space, sliding doors, even had integrated dvd players fitted as standard!!:)

RachelE
05-09-2008, 08:37 PM
I loooove my Hyanduai Trajet!!

It has room behind the 6th and 7th seats for a double buggy and bags!

It had a better review than the Zafira, Sedona, Espace etc and was miles cheaper.
However, I passed the word around and now they are quite hard to come by 2nd hand!
there were 4 at my old school as we were all so impressed!

You can remove the 6th and 7th seats to make the car lighter if there is only 4 of you. - I found this handy when not minding and very easy to put them back in.

If youcan find one, I'd def reccommend it.

Rachel x

LOOPYLISA
05-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi at the mo i have my sporty peugeot 206-love it but obviously i can.t use that, i also drive a shogun but we are looking at the new zafira, not much help am i really xx:D

Sadie's Mum
05-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I am very lucky as we have a Volvo XC90 which is a really nice luxury car but not the best economically however I did used to have a Seat Alhambra which was actually pretty good on the money side and a fab car, it drove really nice and had enough room in the back once the seats were up to have as a boot, they are deffo bigger than a Zafira and I think cheaper - they are like the Galaxy but with the Seat Logo and few other better bits - I really liked it and would get another......just to give you another idea/option ;-)

I have just bought a Seat Alhambra - I've only had it a couple of weeks and I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

manjay
05-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I have a Galaxy and love it. Although still not big enough to get 9 children home from school:panic: We have integrated DVD and my children love it. Don't use this for mindees though. The boot space is OK but I usually have one seat out which leaves me plenty of room for buggys and shopping. Ours is diesel so fairly economical.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-09-2008, 10:19 PM
I have an 8 seater Toyota Previa. I love the space and the seats move backwards and forwards and give me flexibility depending on which size of person is in the seat.

Petrol is more than my old Zafira but the space it offers is far better. Tax not much difference and insurance 1 grade higher

Would buy again myself but they stopped making them after 02.

Shirlwith3
06-09-2008, 06:30 AM
I have a 7 seater Renualt Espaces it is a turbo Deisel, not much space to put a large pushchair with all seats in but you can get a single / double umbralla pushchair in between the back 2 seats or you can if you are not using one of the back seats either fold it up or take it out then you can get a large pushchair in.

It is not too bald on the fuel as it is deisel but does alot better on longer journey.

Shirl

SimplyLucy
06-09-2008, 07:49 AM
I have an 8 seater Peugeot 806.

With all 8 seats in use I can fit my Phil and Ted with double kit and the dog in her cage in the boot.

Mines an automatic so it's a bit of a gas guzzler but the ones with the complicated gear stick are a lot cheaper to run! :D

Trouble
06-09-2008, 08:06 AM
VW Sharans are bigger than vw Touran more boot space.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

PaulaR
06-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I have a serena. It is old and the boot space is limited but you can collaspe either of the back seats very easily. I like it cos its just the size of a car, very slim nut you can get 8 in it, although two are in lap straps. I would love to buy a new one if I had the money but they don't make them anymore.

Rubybubbles
06-09-2008, 10:39 AM
I have a Renault Scenic. Its quite good on fuel and average for tax. Its really spacious and I can fit a stroller along with book / pe bags and lunchboxes in the boot with all the seats upright. The best thing about it is, I can put the kids in the car and walk into the back from the drivers seat to do their seat belts up securly.

I have the grand scenic 7 seater one:clapping: I love it and it looks fab lol

errmmm hubby pays for tax and stuff so not sure lol, not too bad though I don't think haha

gailee
06-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi
i have a renault espace it can just fit a umbrella pushchair in the boot ?? BUT please be careful when buying new car check out the car tax ?? cars after 2001? will be in the higher tax bracket £310 i think its the tax for the year.
if you buy before that year it's cheaper !!!
Gail

littletreasures
06-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I have a 7 seater Renualt Espaces it is a turbo Deisel, not much space to put a large pushchair with all seats in but you can get a single / double umbralla pushchair in between the back 2 seats or you can if you are not using one of the back seats either fold it up or take it out then you can get a large pushchair in.

I have the grand Espace and it has a foot more boot space, so I can get my double nipper in the boot upright, or my single easily. The 2 dogs can also fit in the boot when all the seats are being used, as long as they remain sitting!!

Jules12Wed
06-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I have Peugeot 807 and yep my hubby pays for insurance, tax, mot and servicing so not sure what any of those cost but it is fab.

Room at the back for a double buggy and has fab automatic doors which means (especially in the rain) I can open doors before we reach the car so kids can jump straight in and I can shut doors from the front no worries about trapped fingers in doors.

Alibali
06-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Zafira here. Cost is reasonable and tax and insurance too. My double buggy fits fine, but I had the car before the buggy so got one to fit (mothercares own side by side)

Heaven Scent
06-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Citroen C8 lovely comfortable car with very highest safety standards - too many gadgets and giszmos including DVD player that my kids fight over and electric doors revolving seats never used picnic seat - never used and many many more. I would love an 8 seater could do with it on Thursdays instead of paying an assistant while I do the school run.

charleyfarley
06-09-2008, 08:29 PM
im in desperate need of 7 seater now, can anyone tell me which is a better insurance bracket , fuel, and tax.
I usually buy a car on the colour and look :blush: but need to be sensible this time

We did that with the Peugeot 206, chose the colour, not even a test drive.

Then when we got my car, I told them what I was looking for and said as long as it isn't GREEN I didn't care. Of course the one they had was green :panic: Again didn't bother with a test drive. We buy what we like :D

Anyway I have a Zafira, like many others on here.

The boot is small when all the seats are up but the seats do fold down flat if not needed. No need to take the seats out and store them inlike some other cars.

I would really like an 8 seater but that's me being greedy :D Never satisfied.

Happy shoppng

Carol xx

sassy
07-09-2008, 12:08 PM
hi yes i have a grand espace
its huge
7 seater with tons of boot space

sassy

Toothfairy
07-09-2008, 07:07 PM
At the moment we have an Audi Q7 which is fab, before that we had a Kia Sedona which was also a great car. I would recomend both. :)

Paula J
07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I have a ford Galaxy good seat space, good boot space fits my double buggy and special needs buggy in ???? to petrol it is good but petrol is expensive so not as good as before. I wouldnt swap mine all car seats fit whatever age you are minding :) Paula

taiwallis
07-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Chevrolet captiva. AMAZING!!! I love it - my husband loves it too. Blacked out windows so no one can see the kids napping on school run!! Easy seats to put up and down, very sturdy, drives well, looks good. Economically i am not sure, you would have to look up but it really is lovely. I believe it is the cheapest 4x4 you can buy, and the roomiest inside but looks sleek from the outside!!! As for the person with the Audi Q7, OMG, i want one, but my clients dont pay me enough to have one!!! hee hee. xx

Jules12Wed
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I have a Peugeot 807. Hubby pays tax, MOT, insurance etc so no idea what they cost. It has a 80 litre tank so costs a lot to fill it up completley.

It has super duper electric sliding doors which is great when dashing back to the car with mindees as I can open doors from my remote so that when we reach car doors are open and kids can jump straight in.

hbomb1
08-09-2008, 09:23 AM
I have a Toyota Verso 7-seater. 2.2 DTI and I love it. However, the cost of the tax increases next year (to over £200) and it costs £60+ to fill up so I have traded it in for a Yaris. Yes a lot lot smaller car but only £35 tax per year.

When all 7-seats are up in the Verso I cannot fit a pushchair in and so squeeze it behind the front seats and kiddies have to rest their feet on it. Apart from that it's a lovely car and pretty fast.

Decided to have a smaller car for three years or so to save some money.

Good luck with whatever car you choose.

Little Pumpkins
09-09-2008, 06:27 AM
I have a zafira, only problem is theres no luggage space when all seats are up!

tinkerbelle
09-09-2008, 06:58 AM
ive got a ford galaxy and can fit a triple stroller and covers in the boot hen all 7 seats are in loads of room and all seats are seperate making it easiier to put my car seats in (graco)
would look at another one but expensive to buy even 2nd hand been to look at the trajet and the rodius (sang yong) all have loads of space but are very cheap to buy

DudleyChildmind
09-09-2008, 08:28 AM
I have a zafira, only problem is theres no luggage space when all seats are up!

Is there enough room for a large dog?

Kelly
09-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I swapped my galaxy for a VW Touran. When I was looking for a new car I took all my car seats and pushchairs with me. When I tried the Zafira in the showroom, I couldn't get 3 car seats across the middle row. But they do fit along the middle row of the Touran. I had to buy a new double pushchair (mothercare) to fit in the boot when all 7 seats are in use but it was deffiantely worth it because I love it! and the running costs are much cheaper thatn my galaxy was!

Kelly