PDA

View Full Version : I'm embarrassed too!

Jinx
04-09-2008, 09:23 PM
One of my mindees had the day off today so I was down to just my new little un this afternoon. (He started on Monday.)
Well, he went off to bed like a little angel and I got on with preparing tea for the family then put my feet up with a cuppa tea.
3pm came around very quickly and off we went to school to pick up my daughter.
Was a little delayed at school and arrived home to find mindees mum already here. She was standing in the hallway, my son had let her in.
We had a chat and off she went with her gorgeous little son.
My, not so lovely boy then came downstairs and I asked him why he hadn't invited her into the lounge to sit down? "She did sit down" he replied. "In the kitchen" !!!!!:eek:
I walked into the kitchen and stopped as the mess from my cooking hit me. It was a complete tip. I can't believe I left it like that and a certainly can't believe my new mindees mum saw it! I am sooooo embarrassed. :blush: :blush: No wonder she decided to stand in the hallway!

I'm going to have to apologise tomorrow.
She was only saying yesterday how she doesn't know how I manage to keep the house so clean and tidy! She knows better now!!!:blush: :blush:

ajs
04-09-2008, 09:29 PM
it's always on the days wehn the house is the most untidy that the parents decide to call in for a cuppa.

i wouldn't worry she probably thinks you're a wondeful childminder cooking with her pride and joy.

it's almost impossible to look after children and keep a tidy house

LOOPYLISA
04-09-2008, 09:29 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know how you feel i have this pile of mags and books by the side of the sofa thats getting bigger and bigger its now got sooo bid its all fallen over:laughing: , i though oh ill sort it this weekend well who just "popped" up last night...................my dad :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
She knows you are human now and that you do spend time with her little one and not tidying your house

A good thing I think - don't be embarrased...

I always say "a dirty child is the sign that the child has had a good day" so maybe this could apply to your kitchen only you would be a "busy mum"

Annie_T
04-09-2008, 10:31 PM
no harm in few pots and pans hun wouldnt worry to much

bless ya ickle one tho hehe

Monkey1
05-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Would she prefer you to take care of her son or get on with your washing up?;)

angeldelight
05-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Oh it always happens I wouldnt worry about it though

It is the same with family and friends they always arrive when the house is a mess dont they

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
05-09-2008, 07:33 AM
No one ever comes to my house when its "presentable".

You should see my kitchen at the moment - I have just turfed out a cupboard in the search for my sons new inhaler that has to go into school - no ruddy sign of it!!:( (He'll have to take the other one it). So fingers x'd that no one comes round till I get back of the school run.

Poor you - its embaressing though isn't it:blush:

Mags
05-09-2008, 07:45 AM
It's true it happens all the time!!

Don't worry yourself i wouldn't think it will cause any problems.

flora
05-09-2008, 07:55 AM
i have an ex friend who is also a minder, her house is unnaturally tidy. she is totally anal about cleaning and if you sat too long in one place you would either get febreezed or sprayed with anti bac.

well through another source i heard what one of her clients really thought of her.........

they thought that she couldn't posibly do any fun stuff with the kids as the house was so amazingly tidy. all the stuff in the photos etc they reckoned she did her self :D

so you may be embarassed, but at least she knows you are for real :thumbsup:

polobear1970
05-09-2008, 08:11 AM
She probably glad, now at least she knows your human :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
05-09-2008, 08:58 AM
She probably glad, now at least she knows your human :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree - she's probably relieved to know you can't fit everything in either :)

Miffy xx

mum22
05-09-2008, 09:00 AM

agree, we cant be perfect all the time!, she was probably relieved that you are normal and stood in hallway so as not to make you feel bad!

Bushpig
05-09-2008, 09:00 AM
i have an ex friend who is also a minder, her house is unnaturally tidy. she is totally anal about cleaning and if you sat too long in one place you would either get febreezed or sprayed with anti bac.

well through another source i heard what one of her clients really thought of her.........

they thought that she couldn't posibly do any fun stuff with the kids as the house was so amazingly tidy. all the stuff in the photos etc they reckoned she did her self :D

so you may be embarassed, but at least she knows you are for real :thumbsup:

hahaha OK good I do not feel so bad now. The dishes are often in the sink (open plan kitchen!) and parents see this. I do keep the home tidy as much as possible but it's difficult with 3 or 4 under 5s running around :)

Pipsqueak
05-09-2008, 09:33 AM
This thread has just prompted me to sort the kitchen out and now this is my reward - on here with a cuppa.
Next bit on the todo list is fold the washing - reward come back on here
next bit - find sons cubs jumper that has mysteriously vanished into thin air (it was hanging up before the holidays) - reward coming on here (be prepared to never see me again as I will probably still searching for it this time tomorrow!!! lol)

crazybones
05-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Actually you know that new Ofsted poster with the messy floor - errrr if I didnt know better I would think that was my living room floor at the moment. We had sand trays in the kitchen and someone has obviously collected it in the turn-ups of the their trousers and now its all over my floor. :rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
05-09-2008, 10:43 AM
My bedroom is a compete tip, in fact you wouldnt know it was a bedroom if it didnt have the bed in the middle!, i think all the (i don.nt know where to put this) "stuff" gets dumped in there :laughing:

Nicki L
05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Happens to me all the time- although its usually the MIL that turns up when its a mess and believe me i would rather it was a parent than her!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: