PDA

View Full Version : Conservatory for playroom???

Sharlene
04-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi All,

Im thinking of getting a conservatory to be used as a playroom, as my living room is not very big at all :(

Anyone else use a conservatory as playroom???, is it worthwhile having a dedicated playroom?

Sharlene x

Minstrel
04-09-2008, 04:09 PM
The answer is a definate YES

Lovely to have space to confirm the 'junk' sorry toys and little delights! But you get your home back every evening. WIN WIN situation. Good luck x

Chimps Childminding
04-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Definately on my wish list - it would be lovely to just be able to shut the door at night and not worry too much about having to put everything back to get my house back as a house and not a nursery!!!!!!!!!!!! If you can afford it I would definately go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

Sharlene
04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
exactly my thoughts!!

My kitchen backs onto my garden, so would be able to watch them play while was prepering meals. And more or less keep ALL my minding to the 2 rooms in my house (appart from bathroom obviously )

Im getting made redundent from my job, so should get 10,000. So will use some of that for the conservatory and maybe get loan for rest. I need to save a fair amount to tide me over until get registered.

LOOPYLISA
04-09-2008, 04:46 PM
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS defanatly, at the mo we have a separate diner i can close the door on at night:D but we are looking at conservatorys at the mo xx:clapping:

Andrea08
04-09-2008, 05:07 PM
yes i agree,, i have a play room
ends up as a very big cupboard at the end of each day
but i get my lounge back every night
also older children in play room babies in lounge with me, no fighting

mum22
04-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh yes, it is very top of my wish list (above a new car by far)

donnahay0
04-09-2008, 05:24 PM
You MUST, MUST do this - I have just had a conservatory built and am using it during the day for the children to play in - I had to be clever and make it a family space for evening and weekends. Anyway, it has made me sane again. No more tripping over toys everywhere - the can still use my lounge but they tend to keep to the conservatory and garden - it is so bright and airy they love it - I have this wonderful book corner now

it is GREAT

sarah707
04-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Mine is brilliant too! :D

DudleyChildmind
04-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I had a conservatory built last December as I only had one room for the children to play in. It's been a Godsend and I don't know how I managed without it.

I'd like to know if it's possible to put the building costs through the books and if so, what percentage. If anyone knows I'd be very grateful :)

LOOPYLISA
04-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Im nosey, any pics anyone? x:laughing:

bubbly
04-09-2008, 05:55 PM
My conservatory is a dedicated playroom as my living room is quite small, plus I like my lounge to be more of my daytime sanctuary than a toy store :laughing:

Angela234
04-09-2008, 06:30 PM
YES i have a conservatory not huge but what a difference it makes evenings/weekends everything goes in there.

Here's my web site (Pauline done for me)there are some pic's of my conservatory it's filling up a bit more than when photos took

http://www.littletots.childmindinghelp.co.uk

Angela

berkschick
04-09-2008, 06:41 PM
We have a conservatory that we use as a playroom, its worth its weight in gold :thumbsup:

donnahay0
04-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Here's my web site (Pauline done for me)there are some pic's of my conservatory it's filling up a bit more than when photos took

That's a lovely website Angela - I love the teddy. (I would love to own a Teddy Bear Shop).

oneofeach
04-09-2008, 07:39 PM
My conservatory hasn't got central heating so its freezing in the winter so I would suggest you look into that when planning it.

Also my conservatory gets too hot in summer:rolleyes:

Apart from that I love it.:D

LOOPYLISA
06-09-2008, 09:51 AM
YES i have a conservatory not huge but what a difference it makes evenings/weekends everything goes in there.

http://www.littletots.childmindinghelp.co.uk

Angela

Love it xx:clapping: