PDA

View Full Version : Second day with baby M

Pudding Girl
04-09-2008, 02:41 PM
.... and she's in the accident book already :rolleyes: :panic:

She was cruising around in the hallway and made a lunge for the buggy to hold onto and missed it and scraped all down her cheek poor thing, came up in a huge welt :rolleyes:

Been minding since March and this is the second in the accident book in all that time!

Pedagog
04-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Poor little mite.

katickles
04-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh bless her - I think it really hard for us sometimes in these cases, we just feel so bad for them!

fionamal
04-09-2008, 02:55 PM
They always seem to get more accidents when theyre that age and trying to walk.

Annie_T
04-09-2008, 03:36 PM
aww bless her, oh 2 since march .. thats good tho really x

CCJD
04-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I had a new starter just 5 weeks ago and in his first three weeks he had a accident each week - he too is just started walking and I was mortified that I was handing him back with bruises and bumps. Parents were really understanding as they said he was the same at home but I still felt bad. I completely safe proofed the playroom and watched him like a hawk. 2 weeks and no accidents now - but he is also much steadier on his feet so it probably has more to do with that to be honest. Hopefully yours will be the same. A couple of weeks and she will much surer on her feet and recover better when she falls which helps avoid injuries.

Spangles
04-09-2008, 05:40 PM
It's really scary during the just beginning to walk phase!

Some are worse than others too. My son wasn't bad at all with falling over and injuries but one of his friends was (still is) a nightmare. He was always falling down or walking into things. He's always got bad bruises on his head and face - he's a nightmare! I'd hate to childmind him, he'd cost me a fortune in accident books! Bless him! Ha ha!

crazybones
04-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Ahh poor little love. Dont you just feel your tummy turn over when that happens.

My worst was my own son falling against the door frame and knocking himself out. Horrible horrible feeling.

LOOPYLISA
04-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Ah bless, my neice was brushing her teeth this morning she slipped and bumped her cheek on the sink! lovely bump xx

I shouldnt laugh but not long ago we had wooden flooring laid and all she done was slip up!, hence we now have slippers x

sarah707
04-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Awww poor little mite!

On the plus side, Ofsted don't like to see an empty accident book :rolleyes:

LisaH
04-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Poor little love!!
Why do they have to do this when they are new?? Lol:)

polobear1970
04-09-2008, 07:38 PM
oh dear poor little thing