PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a Physical Play Activity

jfbsdb
04-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I need to plan a physical play activity for three children age 5 to 10 (gross motor skills/hand-eye co-ordination) as my course assessor is coming to do an observation on Monday. Anyone any good ideas on what I could do for this please? :)

Jean x

miffy
04-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Skittles

Miff xx

Annie_T
04-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Giaint puzzles,

Twister

Hop scotch

answered this somewhere else ?

Annie_T
04-09-2008, 03:28 PM
oh had thought, drawing round each child (child lays on paprer others draw round them to make an outline) then the child of who it is can draw the rest of body in (eyes,nose etc)

not exactly phsyical activity but soemthing eye cordination

jfbsdb
04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh dear sorry everyone - I posted this in the wrong place to start with and don't seem to be able to delete the original one so now there are two entries floating about.. and now I'm getting double vision :laughing:

I am still a bit of a "newbie" so does that give me a bit of an excuse!:o

Jean x

CCJD
04-09-2008, 05:31 PM
An idea I have come up with when planning for our "all about me" theme is to have an "I can do" session. We will start by making charts showing different activities : jumping, skipping, catching, etc etc. Then we go outside and do these things and either tick off once they are done or count how many times they can do it and write the number in the chart.
Not just a physical activity but includes drawing, writing, physical activity and then maths with the counting. How many EYFS links is that!

Minstrel
04-09-2008, 06:29 PM
OOO this is a good one. Dont mind if i pinch it do you???;)

jfbsdb
04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Oooh I'm liking that one... thank you :thumbsup:

Jean x

CCJD
04-09-2008, 07:25 PM
glad to help - was also going to adapt it and take to the playground (I can swing, go down a slide, climb some steps etc)

polobear1970
04-09-2008, 07:40 PM
An idea I have come up with when planning for our "all about me" theme is to have an "I can do" session. We will start by making charts showing different activities : jumping, skipping, catching, etc etc. Then we go outside and do these things and either tick off once they are done or count how many times they can do it and write the number in the chart.
Not just a physical activity but includes drawing, writing, physical activity and then maths with the counting. How many EYFS links is that!

great idea

miffy
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM

Great idea!

Miffy xx