PDA

View Full Version : Cots

allinatiz
04-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi all!

I have the parents of a 9 month old baby coming round tonight (my first phone call in ages!) and if it goes well should have her for 2 days a week.

At the minute my mindee sleeps in a travel cot in the dining room. I got my daughters bedroom registered at my recent inspection and just wanted to check that, if I used separate bedding, I could use my daughters cot for my other mindee? Anyone know?

Thank you!

Bushpig
04-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I would think this is fine... I have different mindees on different days, and they use the same cots, but different bedding. Would be the same for your daughter I would assume? Interested to know :)

Paula J
04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I have two together and I just change the bedding OFSTED were here when I had them both and she said it was fine to use one cot between the babies she did however ask me if I had a monitor to listen to the babies which I did and I pointed out that I vivually check them every 1-15 minutes which again she said was acceptable :) Paula

Pipsqueak
04-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Check out Freecycle for travel cots. You can get them pretty cheap now as well to buy

Annie_T
04-09-2008, 03:38 PM
i cant see prob with it, long they have own duvets and are cleaned regularly

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I use different bedding for each child - problem solved and no cross infection

Toys r us have costs down to £35 as well if you need an extra one

balloon
04-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I was told it's ok to use the same cot so long as you use separate bedding. I said I was going to keep it in named tubs and was told that was fine.

Nurseries use the same cots for different children and it's really pretty much the same thing isn't it.

polobear1970
04-09-2008, 07:53 PM
As far as i know and understand as long as you have different bedding it' ok

Lisa

allinatiz
04-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks you for your replies!

They have been and, fingers crossed, are signing the contract on Monday! I'm also going to be having her older brother before and after school so I'm feeling quite chuffed even though they haven't signed yet.