PDA

View Full Version : Having an assisstant

katedobinson
04-09-2008, 11:10 AM
My Mam is going to be working with me & I was wondering how I work her pay out :blush: we can have 5 under 5 between us as I have a 2 yr old so that would make 6. If we say have 5 how do I work out who gets paid wha? :blush:

Annie_T
04-09-2008, 03:39 PM
sorry i can not help hun, but im sure someone will come along soon with an answer for you

also bumps this topic up hehe

Minstrel
04-09-2008, 04:50 PM
If you are employing her you will be resposible for paying her tax and NI unless she registers separetly as self employed.

Completely up to you with what you pay her either hourly or a % of what you make.

hth although it prob doesnt!

Andrea08
04-09-2008, 05:03 PM
i think it best if your mum went self employed ....

you pay her just under (sorry dont know correct £ammount) so she dont have to pay tax, she pays stamp of £2.30 wk thats all,
but include meals etc so mum not out of pocket toooo much??

then say you buy something "through your books " and give cash to mum
(or is that realy bad???) and you pay for meals out and all her expenses through your buisnes accounts.

not sure if i understand myself now :blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2008, 05:38 PM
If you employ and assistant you must pay the minimum wage. Have a look at the Inland Revenue site and you will see the rates for the ages and it will give you more information regarding employing someone.

When I enquiries about employing my son as an assistant I rang the IR and they posted me literature

LOOPYLISA
04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
My hubbys my assistant, shall i pay him he he !!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

joking aside will i ? x