PDA

View Full Version : Childs Duvet.

cloud9
04-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know the official age for using the little duvets for children/babies i though it was 1 year but i cant find it anyway and cant see anything in our ofsted guidelines about it either. Cheers

BTW ofsted granted me overnight care! thanks for all your advice she loved the ready beds

Andrea08
04-09-2008, 11:09 AM
congrats :clapping:

but sorry i didn't know there was a age limit not used one in ages
i just use a childs soft huggie/blanki

does any1 else

mummyroysof3
04-09-2008, 12:26 PM
i think its either 1 year or 18 months quilts and pillows can be used from. my little girl is 16 months and ill get her one soon for the winter, mostly cos im sick of washing a sheet and 2 blankets every time lol

charlotte x

allinatiz
04-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I thought it was 1 year too, but couldn't swear to it.

cazchildminding
04-09-2008, 12:51 PM
not sure about ofsted regs. But its deffo not recomended for a child under 12 months to have a pillow or a quilt.

My son is 16 months and still doesent have either. He sleeps in his cot in a grobag still. He wont sleep if hes not in it.

aims
04-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Not sure of Ofsted's stance, but I don't think such a thing in a regulation, just a guidance, in which case it's down to the parent you're caring for. I have always been under the impression it was 1year for quilt or pillow.

If a parent wants you to use either against the guidance you can have them sign a waiver surely giving you permission to use it. Or perhaps I'm wrong....

Pipsqueak
04-09-2008, 01:31 PM
It depends if its a full size (single duvet) - personally I wouldn't put one on a child under 18 months but you can get baby duvets/quilts at a lower tog rating. Always check the tog ratings and for younger children (babies) the baby sleeping gro-bag things are great.

ChocolateChip
04-09-2008, 01:55 PM
I thought it was 1 yr aswell.
Mine all went in a cotbed and I never used a quilt until it was in the 'bed' stage,approx 18mths old, and I only use sheets and blankets on my travel cots for mindees.