PDA

View Full Version : Amended Contract

bubbly
11-01-2008, 06:56 PM
The mum of the 2 kids I'm minding wants to increase my hours by 30 mins per evening. I just wanted to double-check it's ok to make up my own 'Amended Contracted Hours' type document so spare me the pain of writing out a new NCMA one. All my other terms and conditions remain exactly the same, it's purely the hours that have changed. Naturally I'd get signatures.

Touched on this in another thread the other day but I just wanted to make sure I'm not doing something I shouldn't.

Thanks for any advice and I wish everyone a lovely weekend (yay, it's Friday :jump for joy: )

sarah707
11-01-2008, 11:20 PM
I don't know - I'm not with NCMA - but I'll bump this up for you... :D

angeldelight
11-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Sorry I can not help because I always do a new one I would prefer to do that

Angel xx

Spangles
11-01-2008, 11:23 PM
I would be tempted to just type a letter for her to sign and date referring to the contract she already has i.e. date of contract and do it that way. Don't know if this would be acceptable but I can't see why not.

I would make it sound quite legal and type out the clause and things though. Keeping a signed copy of the letter myself too for my file.

bubbly
11-01-2008, 11:43 PM
The document I've typed is quite professional looking (even if I do say so myself :laughing: )

I've started off with the child's name and date of birth, followed by the implementation date. Next I've done a table setting out the new hours for each day and it also includes my hourly rate. I've referred to the original contract and clearly state that all other terms and conditions remain as per that contract. Underneath I've listed the important points from the original contract i.e. occasional unsocial hours, absence charges, holiday fees etc. I've also included the agreed payment day and whether payment is arrears or advance.

At the bottom I've written the following statement: 'I have read and understand this contract and have received a copy'. Then there's space for both myself and the parent to sign/date.

I was planning on paper clipping it to the original contract/s.

Spangles
11-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Personally, I would put that 'read, understood and agree to the above contract amendment' or whatever but definitely have 'agree' in it.

Sounds good to me!

bubbly
11-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks Lorri, I've amended my Amended Contract (:D) and popped in the word 'agree'. Good advice.

Still undecided whether I should go with 2 brand spanking new long-winded NCMA jobbies but at least I've got my own prepared if anyone else thinks it'd be ok.

deeb66
12-01-2008, 02:47 PM
I have done this is in the past but to be honest I couldn't really tell you if it is a legal amendment iynwim.

If you are worried why not give NCMA a ring and see what they say....would be useful to have their official answer.

Let us know

bubbly
12-01-2008, 10:01 PM
iynwim

Excuse my thickness but what does that mean? Keep seeing it used and I'm baffled lol

charleyfarley
12-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Excuse my thickness but what does that mean? Keep seeing it used and I'm baffled lol

If you know what i mean

I think

Carol xx

miffy
12-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Think I'd do new contracts just to be on the safe side

Miffy xx

sarah707
12-01-2008, 10:19 PM
There's a list of abbreviations somewhere posted by Theresa... btw (!) x :D

Ah - here it is!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=96&highlight=abbreviations

Tily Bud
12-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I prefer to do new contract also x

bubbly
13-01-2008, 12:37 AM
I've decided to do proper NCMA contracts after all. Think it's best to go down the 'official' route to avoid any unforseen problems. Thank you for taking time to help me once again. I'll probably still phone the NCMA helpline out of interest though.

Thanks for the abbreviation help too :)

miffy
13-01-2008, 07:29 AM
If you do phone NCMA let us know what they say

The contracts are expensive so it would be good to know whether we really need to do a new one or not

Miffy xx

jmoff
13-01-2008, 06:44 PM
yes, I was going to ask the same question actually...If you do call NCMA then please let us know what they say.
Thanks

Jana x

bubbly
13-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I'll let you know what they say :)

son77
13-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I ammended my contract last week.

I use NCMA contracts & just made an ammendment in the 'additional notes for contracted hours' section.

Dated it and we both signed it.

I can't really see how anyone can argue with that.

buildingblocks
14-01-2008, 12:50 PM
i think for it to count it has ro be on the NCMA contract there is a space on page 2 i think where you can write amendments

chubbymummy
14-01-2008, 09:49 PM
have you contact NCMA yet?

what did they say?

deeb66
14-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Yes I would be interested to know the answer also.

As I said before I have often added a seperate written amendment or have written over the original contract but have been fairly safe in the knowledge that I could trust the parent involved.....but would be interested to know the official answer just in case I have a parent I am unsure of.

bubbly
14-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Haven't had chance to call yet. I spent the morning on the phone trying to get through to Early Years regarding another matter. I haven't forgotten though :)

deeb66
14-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Ok Bubbly...No worries.

Thanks very much

bubbly
15-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I phoned NCMA this morning and they said it's always best to use an NCMA contract. If you use your own amended contract and have a legal dispute, they wouldn't be able to represent you. They said you could write on the 'amendments' part of the original contract, but wouldn't recommend it. It's always best to do a brand new contract whenever there's any change.

Hope this clears it up for everyone, myself included :)

buildingblocks
15-01-2008, 12:53 PM
But then what is the point of having the amendent section on the contract

bubbly
15-01-2008, 01:41 PM
But then what is the point of having the amendent section on the contract
That's what I said too but the woman at NCMA would only say "it's best to do a completely new contract to ensure all signatures are in place". I'm sure if both parties signed the original contracts, you'd be covered just the same. Obviously NCMA want to sell us as many new contracts as possible to pay their wages :D

The most important thing to remember is that everything's done on official NCMA paperwork and if you added an amendment to the original contract, it would be.

Spangles
15-01-2008, 03:14 PM
They would say that wouldn't they, they're the ones selling the things!

son77
15-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Just been looking through NCMA contract & I can't find an 'ammendment' section?

Is it just me being stupid or what?!

bubbly
15-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Just been looking through NCMA contract & I can't find an 'ammendment' section?

Is it just me being stupid or what?!
Sorry, it's my fault for not explaining very well.

What I meant to say was the 'Additional notes for contracted hours if required' section on P.2 (underneath the contracted hours table). NCMA said it was best to do a completely new contract rather than fill in this section. Seems silly having it on the contract in the first place then! I think NCMA were concerned we'd just fill it in ourselves without getting signatures and then have legal issues further down the line! But we're not as dumb as they think we are :D. They just want to make money selling us new contracts by the sound of it.

Rubybubbles
15-01-2008, 06:49 PM
oh thanks thats good to know,

I use the extra bit for stating stuff like not required for holidays but aware 1/2 fees in place ect, tbh I would of used it for change in hours too, but will know not to now:thumbsup: Money making:angry: