PDA

View Full Version : I hate this job............Sometimes!

brit_chick
04-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Hello everyone.This is my first week back at work.I have been off for 3 weeks.I look after 2 brothers but i havent had them this week because the 2 year old swallowed some sort chemical (not sure what it was) & he ended up in hospital.He is getting better but he is still in hospital.I txted his mum yesterday asking when can she bring my money as she still has to pay when they are ill & she said she carnt because money is tight but she still wants to keep there place's :(.It makes me soooo mad when parents dont pay.My money is tight aswell as i have had 3 weeks off with no pay & i have only got 1 more child & he's only part time! To top it off ive got another parent who owes me money but i dont have that child anymore.At times like this i hate this job! :angry:

Ripeberry
04-09-2008, 09:10 AM
That must be so maddening, bet they wouldn't like it if their employers did not pay up!
Maybe you should review your policies on payment and get them to pay you UP FRONT, then they would be chasing you for the money:idea:

Bushpig
04-09-2008, 09:17 AM
VERY irritating!!!! Sorry to hear this :(

Ask the parents to pay you upfront, prior to care. Not in arrears. Sorry to hear about the little boy, but I am sure she is on sick/compassionate leave at work (ie: not losing money by taking care of her son, so why should you lose out on money... esp as she has signed a legal doc saying she'd pay for sick leave).

Perhaps tell the mum you cannot guarantee the places as she has gone against her contract with you (by not paying for sick leave). Plus the one kid is sick, not the other, so why doesn't he come to you?

Pedagog
04-09-2008, 02:27 PM
I have to say she probably isn't thinking or worrying to much about childcare with her little one in hospital.

Maybe just give her a couple of days.

miffy
04-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Hopefully you'll be able to discuss it again when her child is a little better

Think you should stand your ground though and expect payment - she's probably had tax credits after all

Good luck

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Money is the one part of the job I hate!!!!!!!!! (apart from Ofsted :laughing: ) I have a parent who wants to pay weekly, but at the moment owes me 4 weeks. I always get the money, its just that its hard to budget when you don't know exactly when you are going to get it. I know I am too soft and should say something, but I have had her children for 8 1/2 years and apart from this little niggle things work out brilliantly!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I think parents assume we don't actually count this money as a wage and its just pocket money!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: