PDA

View Full Version : SAFEGUARGING CHILDREN

LIZZIE
03-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi all,
I dont know if anyone can help me. I have my pre-reg visit next week and am panicking! I thought I had everything covered but keep finding things I hadn't remembered to do. Does anyone know how you go about finding the number to call if you have a concern about a child. Need this for safeguarding children. I have looked on internet but no luck, I feel really thick now!!
Thanks

christine e
03-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I have a little green card that was issued to me by my local authority listing the various social services phone numbers. I was told that it is where the child lives not where I live that determines which number I should call.

Hope this helps and makes sense to you

Christine

Spangles
03-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Have you got a development officer you could ask?

christine e
03-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Just seen a recent thread regarding wording of safeguarding children policy and Pauline replied stating that to obtain the relevant tel numbers google your area name and Safeguarding Children Board and this should bring up the phone numbers you require. I tried it for Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board and found the tel numbers that I am using.

Christine

LIZZIE
04-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies much appreciated. I will try googling and contacting my local authority. Thanks again.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2008, 05:47 PM
It is your local authority. You should have a form to complete (RF1 I think) and that will give you all the details

Alternatively try you DO or ring the council