PDA

View Full Version : what do i do?

butterfly
03-09-2008, 05:31 PM
well she came and was absolutely lovely! The little boy was so sweet. She was really keen but seemed unsure as to hours as her mother is telling her that the baby (4 mths ) is too young for childcare.

Anyway i'm going to email her my parent handbook but am unsure as to what to say about hours. She mentioned something about 3 hours which is really too few for me to accept as my vacancy is for 7.5hrs. i do want some work so i might agree to fewer hours but say that it is for a short term contract for 3 months. i would be happy to agree to 5 hrs so maybe i should say this is the minimum? oh i'm so confused!!

sarah707
03-09-2008, 06:05 PM
I think with Eyfs and all the extra documentation etc we all should be thinking about a minimum hours per week. :D

Spangles
03-09-2008, 07:00 PM
I agree with Sarah.

You have to remember that you won't only be working the 3 or 5 hours that you have the baby - you have accounts, obs, 'planning', daily dairy, bla, bla, bla!

I used to have two children each for 2.5 hours per week - never, ever again!

Mrs.L.C
03-09-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree with Sarah.

You have to remember that you won't only be working the 3 or 5 hours that you have the baby - you have accounts, obs, 'planning', daily dairy, bla, bla, bla!

I used to have two children each for 2.5 hours per week - never, ever again!

I did the same and it was abit of a pain and hardly worth it for the money. Its nice to offer flexability but sometimes it just doesnt work. If a child went to nursery then the parents would have to pay min hours which are usualy 5 hours

angeldelight
03-09-2008, 09:30 PM
I will not have any child for less than 10 hours a week its just not worth my while - at a push I will do it for 8 hours but not often

I dont need the hassle of a few hours its not good for the child - the other children - or myself

Good luck hope you sorted something out

Angel xx

Bushpig
03-09-2008, 09:33 PM
I agree with everyone... for the time and effort you have to put into every child as well... it's just too much work for so little hours.