PDA

View Full Version : help with numbers

squiggle
03-09-2008, 04:22 PM
i have just had a phonecall from a parent needing childcare for 2 days a week - mon and tues

she wasn't sure when new job will start - either next mon or the mon after.

i am currently in a notice period with a little one even though i don't have him anymore - he came mon, tues weds. his last day of care is 16th sept

i have my mum registered as my assistant and she is willing to take holidays and help out for the next 2 weeks when i would have 4 under 5.

my certificate states that when i work with an assistant i can have 3 under 5 as i am registered to have 2 under 5 cause i have my dd who is nearly 3.

so i am thinking i can do this -

i would have

Lacey (my dd)
G aged 18months on mon only
E aged 13months on tues only
D aged 2 mon, tues and weds

and then the new child L on a mon and tues

i would have 4 each day.

think i have confused myself - probably lost everyone else too

do i need to check with ofsted?

Thanks everyone xx

jellytot
03-09-2008, 04:26 PM
sorry if i not followed properly but on a mon and tue you would have 4 under 5, but even with assistant you are only registered for 3. if this is correct you wouldn be able to do it.

thats if i have got it correct.

Minstrel
03-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Not sure 100% but i think your already full!

squiggle
03-09-2008, 04:28 PM
i am registered for 2 under 5 because i have my dd - i can have 5 under 8

with an assistant i can have 3 under 5 - so 6 under 8

i was told that certificate numbers so count your own children.

so i think i can have 4 under 5's with my assistant

its hard to write down

Minstrel
03-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Leave your daughter out of it completely (sorry! ) and make a grid. This will tell you when you have vacancies and when your need you assistant so if someone calls you just need to look at it.
Always easier to just leave your children out of any counting since they dont make up the total on your cert.

squiggle
03-09-2008, 04:34 PM
without my dd i would have 3 eachday.

so i think i would be ok to have my mum work with me for those few days so that i am covered in numbers.

Minstrel
03-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Yes i agree. ( i think !) lol:laughing:

Alibali
03-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Don't know if Ofsted are different, but my numbers on certificate include my own children.