PDA

View Full Version : Starting ICP - Update

singlewiththree
03-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Well I had the briefing session last night but to be honest I nearly nodded off! Having already read so much about childminding and being on here a month or so all they did was read through what OFSTED are, how they operate and how to register. The only useful thing was I found we do get a start up package which is handy. :clapping: I enrol next week. Then the course starts.

Enjoy - eveyone who hasnt been yet.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Hope it picks up for you next week, otherwise it will be a very long course!

Minstrel
03-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Sounds like a riot!

Have to admit being on here will probably have made our expectations about the course far too high! Sure these girls will have taught me most things i will need to know!

Hope it gets better and i'll let you know how mine goes on tues! x

Annie_T
03-09-2008, 04:12 PM
well done hun, i was same nearly nodding off as was being told a lot i alreay knew but some really good advice ideas were put across too

the course was fun .. well til a certain area came up and i couldnt face it (car safety ... lost 2 mates in a crash few weeks b4)

good luck

LOOPYLISA
03-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Mine was all day saturday, thinking about it has been just over a year(it was the first thing i did )!, only good thing was lots of tea and biscuits, we could also order a hot meal if we wished, just got to get through this 1st aid and icp this month xx:thumbsup:

tulip0803
03-09-2008, 08:47 PM
CSSIW said I had to attend a breifing session - Again. Despite attending one a couple of years ago - only to find out that the local council would only allow me to mind one child, unless I applied for change of use on house (now reversed that policy hence registering). AND I was an OFSTED childminder before I moved to Wales.

So I knew about minding and I knew about the application process, in fact I still had all the forms from the last one:D . So I found it really really interesting. But I will do anything to be able to childmind again:D .

You should find the course more interesting