PDA

View Full Version : Daily diaries

louised
03-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Up until now I have always filled out a daily record sheet for each child recording food, sleep, activities etc which I put in each childs bag at the end of the day but have not kept a record for myself. With the implementation of the EYFS I have read a lot about daily diaries and would like to start completing them everyday but I'm worried about them not being returned the next day. For those that do complete a daily diary do you send it home everyday?

crazybones
03-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I send mine home every day and touch wood the two I have now always return it - rarely with comments though :rolleyes: A previous parent misplaced it twice and then told me not to bother.

sue m
03-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I do Louise, parents bring a bag with spare clothes and nappies etc in and I bought the diaries for both (brother and sister) and write in them every day, pop them in the bag and they come back in the bag the next day, not sure if Mum and Dad read them every day or not.

SimplyLucy
03-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I do a daily diary for a nearly 2yr old and it gets returned every time, mum just leaves it in his bag.

I never used to know if she read it as she never used the parent comment section, until one day I just didn't get time to do it and she comment how lovely it was and how she loved to read about what her DS had been up to all day.

Sharlene
03-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi, not sure if this is any help (as im not registered yet) but the nursery my Daughter used to go to had a folder for her, which they put all that info in which stayed at the nursery but I was free to look every day. It had details of what she had eaten, slept, played with etc etc.

hope this may be of help :blush:

Sharlene

scottie
03-09-2008, 01:50 PM
i was using a diary for a long time but them i came actoss a daily record sheets which i now use and have twicked to include eyfs the parents like it and i just ciopy it to put in to childs file :thumbsup:

mum22
03-09-2008, 01:53 PM
I do use a daily diary and parents love to read them (so they tell me) and have always brought them the next day

CCJD
03-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi, I used to do daily sheets but swapped over to a diary (a5 pukka pad) about a year ago as the sheets wern't twoway enough for me. With diaries the parents get to add in odd notes that they don't want to forget to tell me and I can add photos in too if I want. The parents keep them in their bags and I've never had a problem with the not being returned.it's also a nice momento for them to keep long term

emmadines
03-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Up until now I have always filled out a daily record sheet for each child recording food, sleep, activities etc which I put in each childs bag at the end of the day but have not kept a record for myself. With the implementation of the EYFS I have read a lot about daily diaries and would like to start completing them everyday but I'm worried about them not being returned the next day. For those that do complete a daily diary do you send it home everyday?

do them on the puter or get some copy paper stuff (sorry cant remember what its called

emmadines
03-09-2008, 03:22 PM
carbon paper i think its called

venus89
03-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Carbon papaer's a great idea...
I do a daily diary for the kids - which have always been returned - except for my before schooler as Mum said don't bother. And I keep a record for myself too, which includes what I did with all the kids that day.