PDA

View Full Version : Phew!! Inspection over!!

Debsy
03-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi all,

As a newby to this site, I found it really helpful to check out tips etc for my inspection as I've only been a childminder for 7 months! My inspection came and went, no where near as bad as I thought but got a Satisfactory rating overall. A couple of stupid things let me down which are easily fixed, so will breeze through next time:

- forgot to get parents to sign the emergency medical care form (doh!)
- my attendance register was too uniform - I entered times to the nearest 5mins, when it should be exact to the minute.
-Also was told that although my hygiene routines are fine - washing hands etc. I was to discuss with the children reasons why to wash and talk about bacteria etc. (thought that this was a bit much for under 3's but there you go...)

I got a good for Enjoying and Achieving and Positive contribution where I put most of my efforts - admin is not really my thing!! Anyway, the report has a very positive warm feeling about it despite being a satisfactory so I'm happy.

I've attached it for anyone who is interested. Thanks everyone for all your help and tips,

Debsy.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/oxcare_reports/download/(id)/535861/(as)/EY349747_CM.pdf

LOOPYLISA
03-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Well done you xx:clapping:

Pedagog
03-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Well done and welcome.

katickles
03-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Your report reads very well, t sounds like you put alot of effort & hard work into what you do.

Like you say the area's she has pulled you up on are easily sorted so don't worry about it. :)

Well done:clapping:

sue m
03-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Yes, well done and welcome. Did that sound a tad picky only to me? Probably. I've had a 2.5 year old little boy since July who still wears pulls ups and still does poos and wees in them but obviously everytime he has been in the garden or before we eat I take him to wash his hands and every single time does he say "why Sue?". This "why" stage sometimes really gets to me :D I worry that if he's still doing it when I have my inspection, she might think it's not something we normally do cos he's asking WHY? :panic:

Pauline
03-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Well done Debsy, a satisfactory is a very good grade so be proud.

I'm afraid it is automatic to get satisfactory for a missing sig on a medical form, that's because it is a statutory requirement :(

Were you inspected under EYFS? Did she mention anything about it?

Mollymop
03-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Well done!!!

The attendance register bit is a bit picky? no?
I just think it is - i always put it to the nearest 5 mins, doesn't everyone? After all by the time the children are out the door and I have waved and cloesed the door and come get the attendence register out, it is a few mins later! I dunno!! I guess i better be a bit more exact

COngratualtions!!

sarah707
03-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Well done! :clapping:

Andrea08
03-09-2008, 10:19 AM
:clapping: well done:clapping:

very picky i use to put to nearest 15 mins now 5 mins but to be exact?

i did hear that parents may soon have to sign and time their own children in and out ? has any one else heard this?

teachers dont have to put times in their register unless a child is late ?

oh and welcome x:thumbsup:

angeldelight
03-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Well done to you

Angel xx

Ripeberry
03-09-2008, 10:28 AM
That's correct about parents signing in and out.
First day at our EYFS based pre-school and they have gone us doing it!
Just got to remember to do it!

Andrea08
03-09-2008, 10:35 AM
thanks Ripeberry,

i think ill still keep my ncma (blue) register, and think about daily signing in sheets for parents[I]more work lol

x

Bushpig
03-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Well done! :clapping:

Bushpig
03-09-2008, 10:51 AM
That's correct about parents signing in and out.
First day at our EYFS based pre-school and they have gone us doing it!
Just got to remember to do it!

Thanks for this, never realsied this.

Chimps Childminding
03-09-2008, 04:54 PM
We have to sign the children in and out of the local nursery, but to be honest almost everyone just puts the time they are supposed to be there, and the time they are supposed to come out - except me :blush: - but thats only because I have been told somewhere that its supposed to be the exact time, something about if a complaint is ever made or a child receives an injury or something, you can prove what time the child arrived/left your care! (I think):panic:

miffy
03-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Debsy and well done on your inspection

Miffy xx

jfbsdb
03-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Well done!!!

The attendance register bit is a bit picky? no?
I just think it is - i always put it to the nearest 5 mins, doesn't everyone? After all by the time the children are out the door and I have waved and cloesed the door and come get the attendence register out, it is a few mins later! I dunno!! I guess i better be a bit more exact

COngratualtions!!

I'm with you on this one Sandra - I've always rounded it to the nearest 5 mins.. oh boy another thing to take care of :rolleyes:

Jean x

angeldelight
03-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the forum and well done to you

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
03-09-2008, 07:24 PM
yeah welcome and well done:clapping:

I was picked up on the lack of signature on mine too!! even though the child record form had one:rolleyes: just not the accident book

tulip0803
03-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Well done:clapping:

LisaH
05-09-2008, 08:44 PM
well done hun, you can breath now!!

Oh and welcome.:)

bubbly
05-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Congratulations. Well done you :clapping:

I round my register up to the nearest 5 mins too.

SARAHW26
08-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Congratulations, there not that bad are they!!!!!:clapping:

breezy
08-09-2008, 07:29 PM
well done:clapping:

miss muffit
08-09-2008, 07:44 PM
well done :clapping: