PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious enquiry!!

Nettynoo
02-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Within 2 days of registering on the Portsmouth CHAT website (*************) I had a phone call from a 'Mum' who said she had a 1 year old son and wasn't happy with nursery they were using. She didn't want to know anything about my services or experience or fees just whether I had vacancies and what my EY number was!! I gave her my number and she said she would call back to arrange visit! She never did!!! Being my first call I was flustered and didn't know that I shouldn't give it out!! What should I do? I thought you gave your number so that they could read your ofsted report and check you were registered officially!! Am I wrong in thinking this? Please advise!!!!!:panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Don't get to upset if she doesn't ring for a while.

A lot of parents look at reports before they come out - it might save time if you don't have what they are after. i.e. their child might have an allergy to dogs and your report says you have one

Something will come along soon and you did the right thing

Good luck with new ones

Bushpig
02-09-2008, 10:47 PM
This is one of the reasons I made the website for my childminding service... for this very thing. I do not like to give my reg number out. I can give my web address out and they'll get a good idea of what I am about.

I do hope she is legit and calls you back! :)

Nicki L
03-09-2008, 06:05 AM
Good luck with this hun. Unfortunatley you are going to be suspicious as there are people out there that cant be trusted.

Hopefully she is not one of them and she just wanted to check your report before she rings you back.

If you dont hear anything is they any way of contacting tax credits people and make sure that only the right people are using your number????

crazybones
03-09-2008, 06:13 AM
I would phone the tax credits and let them know that someone has taken your number and you are not sure if they were just trying to get tax credits through your number as you are suspicious. It happened to me a long time ago before I realised that all they need is your number to claim. I was sent a form to give the legitimit (?sp) names of people I was minding that claimed and they sorted it out from there.

I too have my Ofsted report on my website (minus the number) and if anyone asks for my number to see my report I refer them there or tell them I will send them a copy out but would prefer them to come and see me first.

Hope you get some calls soon and dont worry too much about it.

miffy
03-09-2008, 06:33 AM
If you want to contact tax credits their phone number is 0845 300 3900 and they can advise you.

Hope this lady does come back to you

Miffy xx

angeldelight
03-09-2008, 07:11 AM
If she is not for real then dont be hard on yourself this type of thing could happen to any one of us

Hope she gets back to you

Angel xx

elaineg
03-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I was told by my network coordinator to never give out my number in case people use if for tax credits and dont come back to you, I would give them a ring to see if anyone is claiming against your number.

love Elaine XX

Spangles
03-09-2008, 07:11 PM
That is such an easy thing to do, especially as you were probably excited and nervous about having your first call so quickly.

If it wasn't for reading about it on this forum I would no doubt have done the same thing myself.

Mrs.L.C
03-09-2008, 08:03 PM
dont panic too much. A parent could come and visit you and take your reg no. away with them and do the same thing but good advice above to contact tax credits. Maybe we should all contact tax credits every year or so to make sure only parents using the service are claiming against our reg nos.