PDA

View Full Version : My turn to stop

Andrea08
02-09-2008, 09:23 PM
ok got back from my holidays to a smoke free home and thats it im stopping,!

would like to know how you others are getting on or not?

its sooooo hard im worried ill snap at the kids i keep walking out and having a drink of water or sucking on this little plastic thingi!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
i just hope ive pick the right time to stop because im under a lot of stress right now;
1) EYFS
2)EYFS
3) Building work at the house
4) Leaks from my NEW bathroom-(come in through kitchen ceiling)
5)EYFS
6)no sunshine so no tan lol :mad:
7)daughter crashed her car (she 17 on provisional)
8)EYFS
9) rude parents (dont get me started)
10) i miss a smoke and a drink at the same time on a Friday night when the work is done for a week :(

oh dear dont give myself much of a chance but my mum and my daughter have got me flowers and cards saying well done just dont want to let any one down
and dont want to let myself down either but to tell the truth im missing it,
how long b4 the pain stops?

oh sorry didnt mean to say soooo much but it did help to rant a little lol
Andrea x

Rubybubbles
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
oh hun, wishing you good luck, I'm not and haven't been a smoker my addiction is food:blush: I started back on track today too!

Keep it going hun

Andrea08
02-09-2008, 09:42 PM
oh ruby thanks, wishing you luck too
have you set yourself a target?

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Keep going - you have made such a good start

Put all your energies in to the EYFS if that is bothering you - you won't have time to worry about nicotine!

miffy
03-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Good luck Andrea

Keep us posted

Miffy xx

sarah707
03-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Try and get hold of a copy of Allen Carr's book 'the easy way to stop smoking'...

It's excellent and really changes your mindset.

Keep at it! It will be sooo worth it in the end xx

Wendy Woo
03-09-2008, 07:01 AM
I hope it goes really well for u

I really struggled to stop, i have no will power at all, it took the doctor to tell me i was pregnant for me to stop DEAD. i was havin kidney problems wen i found out i was preg so had no idea at all that george was there.

I havent had a prob with smokers since tho so hopefully once uv cracked it u will be fine.

With the right frame of mind im sure u will do it and to me u sound dead det on quittin

GOOD LUCK

angeldelight
03-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Just wanted to say good luck Andrea

Angel xx

caza
03-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Good luck with quitting :thumbsup: I quit about 4 years ago so I know how hard it can be at times. Keep at it it will get easier :)

Heaven Scent
03-09-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm not a smoker but DH is and my mum was and I nagged the life out of her to give up and she did about 25 years ago now she is and always the most grumpy stress head in the world and if she can do it anyone can - except DH it seems - I do worry about him he has tonnes in reserve on top of the wardrobe - if they weren't so expensive and I thought he would smoke less I'd be tempted to give some away - but it would just make no difference and he'd just buy more.

Anyway all the very best of luck with it.

I'm hoping to try to lose a few stone over the next year or so and am feeling rather scared in case I fail - gosh its terrible how scared we get as we age.

Andrea08
09-09-2008, 07:46 AM
WOW YOU LOT ARE GR8,

Ive done it its now day 17,
ive run out of patches so today is the big test i think?
all of your support has been fab im soooo glad i kept going (with every1's help)

for any1 thinking about stopping and not sure about it ....GO 4 IT
trust me the people on ere so supportive

how can i say thank you in a big way xxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:l aughing: :clapping: :jump for joy: :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
09-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Lots of luck xx:thumbsup:

Minstrel
09-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Well done :thumbsup:

Keep going:clapping:

Andrea08
09-09-2008, 11:37 AM
you know what,,, didnt think the patches were doing anything but
now that i have run out and not wearing one its hard even at day 17!?

i realy didnt think i would still feel this way ... i mean ive done the hard bit haven't I? so why now is it getting tough??

HELP XXXX

Andrea08
20-10-2008, 10:25 AM
quick up-date ..:blush:
i was doing sooo well but week 5 was so hard anyway got a confession sorry
i had glass of wine at night i thought it ok just to have ONE or so
well spoke to nice lady carol who sends me patches etc and she said NOOOO
SO although im not back to squasre one ,,, the little cheating at night wid the wine has got to stop.

its like my m8 on diet she cheats wid the odd sweetys but i was told even the odd one at night can lead me bk to 30 a -day:(

Im very sorry ill do better

i know im letting myself down and all you wished me luck n i feel bad about it now so i promise i will try much harder.

sorry x

sarah707
20-10-2008, 10:28 AM
It's soooo hard... even years later when you're having a drink you might think... 'I'll just have one'.

Then the next day you are full of regret... but you've woken up the smoke monster inside of you.

Think how well you're doing, 5 whole weeks... focus on that! :clapping:

kindredspirits
14-11-2008, 01:09 PM
you're doing great :clapping: :clapping: don't beat yourself up for slipping, just focus on staying on the path from now on!!

anna x

sparkibobs
03-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Sympathise with you fully, stopped myself and somedays it's sooooooooooooo hard.
Juist focus on why you've stopped that seams to work for me.
Remember to give yourself that well earned treat, every week if you need it
x

gemhei
07-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Hang in there youve done so well. I stopped a week ago and my inspection today nearly drove me to the local co-op. But i did it yay!! No ciggies!! Good luck hun xx

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2009, 05:25 AM
Most of the reasons you are stopping are nothing to do with childminding so if you think that these reasons are influencing your minding in a negative way then maybe it is time to stop.

As to the EYFS do you not have any support? I am lucky here as I belong to a network and Surestart provided funding to help with training. Might be worth a call to Surestart and if you don't know of a group, maybe ring NCMA and see if they have a registered group in your area.

Alternatively, there are a lot of people using Sarah's books and are very happy, so you could give them a go for guidance and support.

Either way, hope everything settles down for you.

Personally I was happy to get back into the routine but I need to work financially.

angeldelight
09-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Just wanted to say good luck

Hope its going ok

Angel xx

sparkibobs
10-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Please don't beat yourself up over having a cig. We are, after all only human. Don't let it get you down. I replaced my nicotine with chocolate so I've just started my 2009 diet lol.
I agree with Debbie over the EYFS, I'm also lucky to have the help from surestart and my network.
Hang on in there
x