PDA

View Full Version : Stopped tea

mum2two
02-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Well, I am sooooo happy! :D :D

You may remember I wrote to the parents last month to advise I would be stopping teas from Sept.

Well, Sept is here, and I've stopped. How much easier my life is!!! :clapping:

It's been so nice the last few days eating as a family, and not having to rush about from about 4pm, trying to please everybody...

Now, if someone could just take the kids out of the equation, my life would be a piece of cake....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xx

angeldelight
02-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Well done

Wish sometimes I did not have to do tea

Bet its bliss

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
02-09-2008, 09:39 PM
yeah well done!!

I am going to do a light tea around 4pm usually sandwich, toast ect, thats all they would get at afterschool club round here! can't be done doing big tea:panic: !

glad it's made a difference for you hun

manjay
02-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I know what you mean I have just swopped my meals from doing a full cooked lunch to providing a light one and it has made a massive difference to me. Much less stress:clapping:

jellytot
02-09-2008, 09:57 PM
i have been thinking about stopping teas, how did your parents react when you told them, i am very easily talked around and end up feeling guilty and changing my mind when i try and be assertive:blush:

miss mopple
02-09-2008, 10:12 PM
:clapping: thats fab.

sarah707
03-09-2008, 06:49 AM
That's great news ... I take it the parents were ok? :D

miffy
03-09-2008, 06:52 AM
I'd love to do this but I've looked after all my children for a long time and I've always done tea so think the children would be sad and also hungry - they are all big eaters!

Well done to you - glad it's working for you

Miffy xx

Wendy Woo
03-09-2008, 06:56 AM
u have stopped and i have started but its only for one other child and i am normally cooking for george as unfortunatly cause hubby uis at work till 630pm we cant eat as a family as it is to late for george and it affects the way he sleeps!!!! too full i think which keeps him up lata!!!!

did first one last nite it went well but i think its gonna be a long haul sortin out o proper menu. think im just gonna do one and say thats final. wots on menu is wot she gettin

Is that mean?????

crazybones
03-09-2008, 08:48 AM
u have stopped and i have started but its only for one other child and i am normally cooking for george as unfortunatly cause hubby uis at work till 630pm we cant eat as a family as it is to late for george and it affects the way he sleeps!!!! too full i think which keeps him up lata!!!!

did first one last nite it went well but i think its gonna be a long haul sortin out o proper menu. think im just gonna do one and say thats final. wots on menu is wot she gettin

Is that mean?????

I did a menu for the school hols and gave it to parents a couple of weeks before. I told them this is what we are having on that day no alternatives. If your child wont eat it please provide a packed lunch. They all said - Oh yes my child will eat that. They Lied!!! I threw so much stuff away but was determined that if I offered an alternative to one then they would all try it on. A couple brought packed lunches after I told parents they hadnt eaten anything.

CCJD
03-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I Used to do teas but used to find that I wasted so much food (I used to thank god I had a dog!). I also found that the children would pick the bits they like out of my meals and also then out of what their parents were having later.
the last straw came for me when one evening I cooked our meal for everyone (my families to be warmed up so that I did not land up cooking twice) and the children parents turned up early and took them home. So we got warmed up food for children who weren't even there.
I give a good snack around 4 to tide the children over till 6.

Raggydolls
03-09-2008, 03:11 PM
im lucky that my mindees only stay til 4.30 so they have some fruit or some sort of snack til hometime, but in the holidays they always get a decent cooked meal and snacks too

my own child has lots of clubs he attends so if any mindees stay later i wont be able to provide a meal for them anyways

leanne
xx

mum2two
03-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, all the parents were ok. A couple of the under 5's ones I've said I don't mind carrying on giving them hot meal at lunch time during term time, as the young ones aren't a problem. Eat what they're giving no whingeing!!!

Like others have said, it's the older after schoolers. The amount I was throwing away annoyed me so much, that after 18 months - I'd had enough. Parents understood.

xx