PDA

View Full Version : emergency cards

carolinel
02-09-2008, 08:10 PM
I am in the process of making some emergency cards, one for parents and one for me.

mine just says, I am a childminder etc etc.............................in case of emergency please contact.........................

now my question..

The telephone contact i want to put is my back up minder, but is it ok if she has a list of contact numbers for my parents, would that be a confidentiality breach?

sarah707
02-09-2008, 08:20 PM
We have to take details of child's emegency contacts on outings...

'Providers should take essential records and equipment on outings, for example, contact telephone numbers for the parents of children on the outing'

That is in the eyfs and therefore law. :D

miffy
02-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I'd cover yourself by getting parents to sign to give their permission for your emergency contact to have their telephone numbers

Miffy xx

Spangles
02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
I would do the same as Miffy.

x

carolinel
02-09-2008, 08:45 PM
We have to take details of child's emegency contacts on outings...

'Providers should take essential records and equipment on outings, for example, contact telephone numbers for the parents of children on the outing'

That is in the eyfs and therefore law. :D

I have always had childrens details in my bag and in my glove box, in a sealed envelope marked in case of emergency.

so what happens if I am not at my car and someone has stolen my bag off me, and i am lying on the floor with a broken leg. the little emergency card will be "on my persons" ie in a pocket. There is not room on the card for all childrens contacts. :D

Spangles
02-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Best thing to do is to have all the information tattooed down one of your legs ensuring it's high enough up not to be on view to any old Tom, Dick and Harry and therefore not breaking confidentiality.

Have a second tattoo on various pulse points saying that the tattoo is on your leg as this is where an ambulance person will first look if you are unconscious.

Problem solved.

There's always a simple answer.

carolinel
02-09-2008, 08:53 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

katickles
02-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Best thing to do is to have all the information tattooed down one of your legs ensuring it's high enough up not to be on view to any old Tom, Dick and Harry and therefore not breaking confidentiality.

Have a second tattoo on various pulse points saying that the tattoo is on your leg as this is where an ambulance person will first look if you are unconscious.

Problem solved.

There's always a simple answer.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Or get one along side the Full Menbers Only Tattoo on your bum!