PDA

View Full Version : 11 year old boys?

Nicki L
02-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Probably sounds really mad but i need some help.

I have an 11 year old boy who i mind 3 times a week. Whenever i follow him into the toilet he has peed all over the seat. Now i can tell he lifts the seat as its all underneath, but its not as if he just catches it - the whole seat is dripping wet!. - this is approx 3 times a morning.

It makes my heave cleaning it up as the smell is awful too.

Is this normal - should 11 year old boys be able to hit the target!!! (i presumed so - now not sure)

Any advice gratefully received - and sorry if it sounds bizarre!

scottie
02-09-2008, 06:13 PM
hi ya i have 2 boys 14 year old and 12year old and no they normally miss but they do clean up after themselves

it is normal grown men find it hard have no idea why

how about putting a plan in action with pictures of what to do and how to clean up ?
along the lines of washing your hands

sarah707
02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Every boy I have ever looked after has missed regularly... including my own and my boyfriend's 2 teenagers...

Girls aren't always better :rolleyes:

Saranotts
02-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Might not help but I have a dodgy toilet seat which will not stay up and slams down if you're not careful :eek: and so all mine have to sit down, which has certainly stopped the problem you have.

So my suggestion is to loosen the bolts and tell them standing isn't an option.

Or if you want to be kind, you can buy a special toilet ball (I think from Boots) which they have to aim for. That and at 11 they should be able to clean up, themselves as said by a previous poster.

Good luck

Sara

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 06:40 PM
What a dilema. I thought it was just the older men in my house that did this!

Have you spoken to mum about it?

LisaH
02-09-2008, 07:04 PM
My own children are just the same!!

I have also had mindees (boys) that were the same. I got fed up of cleaning the loo so in the end I took them to one side and politely asked them to 'watch where they were peeing'. I also have notices up behind the toilet reminding them!! Lol:)

Pipsqueak
02-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Blimey at least he manages to aim in the general toilet area - I am beginning to think that my 8yr old thinks the floor is the loo!!!

Each of mine clears up their own though and I would request that mindees (of certain ages) do the same.
Have a general chat about hygiene etc....

Little sign
if you sprinkle when you tinkle
be a sweetie and wipe the seat

Nicki L
03-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Thank you all for your replies - seems like a general problem then!!!

I will put up poster and see if that helps - i really dont want to have to mention it to him or his mum as i dont want to embarass the poor lad!

If that doesnt work then a quiet word it will have to be.

Thanks again

Pedagog
03-09-2008, 07:56 AM
My boys 16 and 8 have no problems, but then they have to sit done at home to wee, I know the older one stands sometimes as he forgets to put seat down again occasionally, but he never makes a mess, or he would have to clean it up.

ChocolateChip
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Pipsqueak, I have that too!
Not that it works all the time but my kids think it's hilarious.:D

angeldelight
03-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Hope you sort it out

Boys will be boys

Angel xx