PDA

View Full Version : I really wish I had a playroom!

Sadie's Mum
02-09-2008, 04:08 PM
As much as I love my job, and don't get me wrong I DO love my job - the amount of toys everywhere all the time and constantly on display in my lounge is really starting to bug me!! Think I need to have a really good sort through them all and pack a load away and then rotate them.

At the moment a lot of them are stored in plastic crates which are everywhere so I'm also thinking about replacing the plastic crates for some nice basket type boxes with lids so at least at the end of the day they can all be put away and the lids put on and you wouldn't be able to see what's inside and to an extent I can have my lounge back!!

angeldelight
02-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Well my play room is almost finished and I do not have enough room for it all - so where did I flipping put it all before ...........

I know just what you mean

I hope when mine is finished well very very soon - that I will not have toys etc all over the place

Angel xx

kindredspirits
02-09-2008, 04:13 PM
me too!!! i really want to be able to avoid dh moaning 24/7 about this is our house not a nursery! :rolleyes:

Andrea08
02-09-2008, 04:14 PM
i know how you feel i lived with boxes and bags for years then i had an extension done big nightmaire with builders and risk assessments etc,
but now its like a store cupboard full of continious provisions and i drag it out in the morning and put it bk at night,
but i do have my lounge bk for when im not working.

have you seen the large plastic storage from BnQ? think its about £100
that might help you keep toys and boxes out of the way

good luck eith it chat soon kk
Andrea

LOOPYLISA
02-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi we used to have a dining room which has now turned into a playroom:laughing: , we can close the doors each night which is nice, but if i didnt have that :eek: xx

fionamal
02-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh Id so love a playroom. My kids are 4 and 5 so its not too bad for me as they have their toys but its all the extra stuff you need like highchairs, stairgates, buggies etc that you need to keep and use.

If I ever won the lottery the first thing to buy would be a huge house with 2 playrooms, one for the mindees and one for my own kids so i could shut the doors every night and block out the mess. I can keep dreaming :rolleyes:

Minstrel
02-09-2008, 04:43 PM
ooo i like that idea!
I have just got rid of the dining room - never used it for eating anyway just pc in here and now will be my playroom. Just dont have any toys in here yet!!

katickles
02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh Id so love a playroom. My kids are 4 and 5 so its not too bad for me as they have their toys but its all the extra stuff you need like highchairs, stairgates, buggies etc that you need to keep and use.

If I ever won the lottery the first thing to buy would be a huge house with 2 playrooms, one for the mindees and one for my own kids so i could shut the doors every night and block out the mess. I can keep dreaming :rolleyes:

If I ever win the lottery I'm offskies :laughing:

crazybones
02-09-2008, 04:58 PM
If I ever win the lottery I'm offskies :laughing:

Me too:laughing:

miss mopple
02-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I miss my playroom :(

We were using the big bedroom upstairs and it was lovely. I spent a small fortune kitting it out and it was a fab room.

But then my daughter outgrew her box room (how dare she!) and we had to move her into my beloved playroom :(

Now I have sole ownership of a shed, my understairs cupboard, and have loads of toys squirreled away wherever I can find space :D

RachelE
02-09-2008, 07:24 PM
We've just been having the same conversation!

We moved counties 4 months ago. I had a huge playroom with room for posters, childrens artwork, notices etc at the old house.
I also had room for different types of toys and loads of storage.

Luckily (or not) I only have a 7month old at the moment.
But we need to convert the garage as I need more children and my children need the boxes of toys out of their rooms!

We have a dining room, but inherited a gorgeous dining table which we really want to use as a family, so cant use that as a playroom.

i think with all the extra stuff expected of us, we need a playroom, but its not always easy is it?

Ho hum!

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I changed my dining room into a study with a tv for the older ones and all it seems to hold is books for mindees, paper and loads of work for me. It has also become the dumping ground - better than the lounge

All my toys are put away each night and by the time hubby gets in it is all back to a house again

I do sympathise with people with younger children as I could never be that organised - mine are over 12 and 16 and their mess is in their rooms!

Bushpig
02-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I have a playroom and do not know what I would do without it. It is 100% childminding (we do not have our own kids).

In the lounge I have books and another toy box there too, which was in a plastic crate, but recently I got a lovely basket with a lid off ebay and it looks so much smarter... and the living room looks like an adult zone when the toys are packed away!

I also have 3 low tables for the kids in the lounge but they are a lovely wood and fold under each other so don't look too kiddyfied either. Makes a huge difference, so when hubby gets home he comes home to a home, not a playgroup :)

mum22
02-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Me too playroom on my wish list, I have rearranged our lounge so half looks like a lounge and the other half looks like a playroom, so if you sit on the right sofa you dont see any toys:laughing: