PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest parent visit ever!

berkschick
02-09-2008, 01:33 PM
I had a parent due to come to me yesterday afternoon but she forgot. She rang and re-arranged for today at 1pm but turned up at 12.15pm, right in the middle of lunch! Luckily DH was home for lunch so he supervised the kids while I concentrated on Mum. I offered her a seat but she said she couldnt stop as her kids and friend were waiting outside which seemed odd to me! I invited them in too but Mum said no. I asked what hours she wanted and she said she didnt know??! She asked me to write down the days I had free and my fees and then left! She was here no more than 5 mins, didnt want to look through any of my information and what I told her I could of said on the phone. She said she will get back to me in October when she is due back at work after her maternity leave. Her baby will only be 4 months old by then, you would of thought she would of wanted a lot more information. Very odd.

Minstrel
02-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Perhaps she just wants to see if its financially viable for her to return to work OR she is registering as a CM and is checking out the comp?
Was it anyone from on here? 'fess up girlies....

crazybones
02-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Maybe she was checking you out to see if you were soft enough to give her your reg no. Sorry I am feeling cynical today. :o Maybe she is shy and inexperience and realised she didnt really have a clue what she wanted until she started talking to you and then decided she needed to give it a lot more thought.

Annie_T
02-09-2008, 01:48 PM
yea that is odd, well maybe she felt you were suitable straight away. just hope it that and not the opposite.
hmm do you get soem tho huh x

angeldelight
02-09-2008, 02:04 PM
That is odd Debbie

What a pointless visit

Angel xx

Pudding Girl
02-09-2008, 02:12 PM
TBH I would wonder if she was wanting to get a look at your certificate on her won to get the number to make a fraudulent TC claim, would explain why she turned up at a time she knew you would be distracted! Was she alone with it at all?

angeldelight
02-09-2008, 02:16 PM
TBH I would wonder if she was wanting to get a look at your certificate on her won to get the number to make a fraudulent TC claim, would explain why she turned up at a time she knew you would be distracted! Was she alone with it at all?

I had the same thoughts Lou

Angel xx

Pedagog
02-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Maybe she just has serious social issues, and can not cope with the idea of having to try any "employ" someone.

Ripeberry
02-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Very strange, almost like she was "casing the joint", could be a rival CM, but most would ask you straight if you had any spaces...wouldn't they ;)
Don't hold your breath for her coming back either.

wendywu
02-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Did you check her pockets on the way out:laughing:

Bushpig
02-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Did she make a copy of your keys perhaps? ;)

This is rather odd indeed. She's either a rival casing your home, or... I don't know.

son77
02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Or perhaps she doesnt really understand childcare.

She may of not looked at childcare before & wasnt sure what she was meant to say or what to ask you.

Maybe all she was concerned about was if you had a vacancy.

Wierd.

Nicki L
02-09-2008, 05:36 PM
very very strange!

breezy
02-09-2008, 05:48 PM
odd, but maybe she didnt realise all thats involved or is just doing a price check!
we shouldn't be surprised that parents are weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

lauredt
02-09-2008, 05:59 PM
You mentioned other kids in the car, would'nt she require childcare for them, surely in that case she would know how the system works. I would go with someone checking out the competition (very badly!) or a fraud case, in the case of a real a customer she sounds trouble... I had 2 cases of people not that interested in checking me out thoroughly, and in both cases I had problems: one had trouble paying... the other one the child was difficult... Since then I do not take on children whose parents don't grill me, at least I know they chose me because I was their best choice for their children.

Pedagog
03-09-2008, 08:37 AM
You mentioned other kids in the car, would'nt she require childcare for them, surely in that case she would know how the system works. I would go with someone checking out the competition (very badly!) or a fraud case, in the case of a real a customer she sounds trouble... I had 2 cases of people not that interested in checking me out thoroughly, and in both cases I had problems: one had trouble paying... the other one the child was difficult... Since then I do not take on children whose parents don't grill me, at least I know they chose me because I was their best choice for their children.

Have to say that over the years I have used 4 childminders for my children and private nurseries, plus 2 creches, and I have never grilled any of them, I have however taken in a lot of information from my surroundings and the way the childcarers were with my children. I have on one occasion walked into a childminders house, and known instantly that there was no way I would allow her near my children, let alone look after them.

But I can see you point about people not grilling you.

Ripeberry
03-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Charlotte, that's a good point. Always trust your instincts! I've only used one childminder for my kids and i only asked a couple of questions but i instantly felt at home with her and she recently has had outstanding for her report so my instincts were right!:)