PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of a dummy reward chart

Raggydolls
02-09-2008, 01:00 PM
sorry i didnt know where to post this but has anyone any reward/star charts to help a child come off the dummy or am i going to have to make my own lol

leanne
xx

Andrea08
02-09-2008, 01:08 PM
if i need reward charts i try and ask the children to help make it, kills all birds with one stone CD, PSED, PSRN, PD

it is also something to show parents that the child is taking an active part in the task NO DUMMY TODAY !!
you could make it like a poster that goes home too (partnership working)
use date, times and fun stickers that the child puts on him/her self

just an idea good luck
Andrea x

sarah707
02-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Good ideas there from Andrea...

Maybe dolly could give up her dummy at the same time and need extra cuddles for a while too :D

Minstrel
02-09-2008, 01:17 PM
We posted my sons back to the hospital for the new babies! (my mums house really and she binned it)

Raggydolls
02-09-2008, 01:27 PM
these children - not my own and not minded (friends kids) will not give up their dummy for nothing so i think they need something visual to see how well they are doing, the nights are worse for the parents :-( thanks for the quick replies, i kinda figured it would be a make your own job, lol

leanne
xx

Blaze
02-09-2008, 04:20 PM
We use the dummy fairy in this house (same as tooth fairy..except instead of a coin a small gift is left instead):)

http://www.dltk-cards.com/chart/chart2.asp

I get most of my reward charts from here ( & certificates when they reach a goal...) You can customise I rejig the above for whaever is needed...I laminate so that I can reuse...(for the same child obviously)!!!!:thumbsup: