PDA

View Full Version : New mindee supposed to start today

Delly
02-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi all, sorry not been around for ages, but have been busy getting business all started and new mindees starting etc, EYFS and not had time to visit forum.

I was supposed to have a new mindee starting today but she hasn't turned up, no contact from parent nothing? they came to visit me 2 weeks ago and asked me to prepare the contracts for them to sign the following week, I didn't hear from them so i called them to see when they were coming back to sign paperwork, I didn't take a deposit as they were due to start the following week so it didn't really seem worth it. They said they would come and sign contract on Tuesday after bank holiday last week, they didn't turn up so I just assumed they didn't need me anymore, as I had chased them several times about setting a time to come.
Last friday they just turned up without calling, saying they had come to sign up and wanted daughter to start today. I went through all paperwork they signed contracts and went off saying see you Tuesday.
Today comes and nothing,

I'm pretty dam annoyed now, I have wasted a contract for nothing it seems, I really think that they are probably going to be more hassle than worth and think should cancel contract, is it right that unless that child has arrived in my care the contract hasn't started?

so in that case i can cancel the contract with them? i'm sure that would be the right thing to do, as if they have been this much hassle before we start it can only get worse..

do you think I should do this ?

help.. sorry for the woffle..

Pedagog
02-09-2008, 10:51 AM
How annoying and rude of them.

some people really annoy me.

Cazz
02-09-2008, 10:57 AM
What a pain! What time was she supposed to arrive - just wondering if there may be a genuine reason why they are late (maybe I just try and see the good in everyone though!).

I can't offer any advice from experience (not started yet!) but I would say go with your gut instinct, if you feel they are going to be too much trouble then end the contract. Personally, I would probably give them the benefit of the doubt but with a settling in period and no notice required on either side. I suppose it depends how much you need this contract.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Carole x

Delly
02-09-2008, 11:08 AM
she was supposed to arrive at 7.30am this morning and no contact at all.. its so rude!!.. arrgghh.. just when I thought I was sorted and full, I have even turned someone away !!!..

Think will end contract, just going to do a letter now.. anyone anyideas how to start.

polobear1970
02-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Sorry to hear that they haven't turned up, I think i would cancel there contract, if this is what they are like how will you ever know where you stand in the future

Lisa

Spangles
02-09-2008, 11:25 AM
I agree I would cancel the contract too with a quick letter.

They are obviously highly inconsiderate and not dependable. It would be hard to have a working relationship with this family from the sounds of it.

Sorry they have messed you about and you turned someone away. Could you contact the other family at all?

venus89
02-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I'd try to talk to them first. Although they're obviously not too much on the ball they may have writen it down wrong in the diary - not helpful to you, I know, but we've all been there (well, I have enough fo all of us!).
Hope you hear from them soon

Delly
02-09-2008, 12:34 PM
I'd try to talk to them first. Although they're obviously not too much on the ball they may have writen it down wrong in the diary - not helpful to you, I know, but we've all been there (well, I have enough fo all of us!).
Hope you hear from them soon

not being funny but they weren't the kind of family that had a diary, I tried to call them and they were very rude, saying that the person I needed to talk to wasn't there, so I have sent a text saying the contract is cancelled and sent a letter as well to back up.
They are very young and I think it shows.

angeldelight
02-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Hope they were not after your registration number for tax credits ?
Seems odd and very rude

Keep us posted if you hear from them

Angel xx