PDA

View Full Version : hi vis vests??

emmadines
02-09-2008, 08:22 AM
I literally have a min walk to the local school (I could literally jump over the fence)

I was wondering about hi vis vests (not that you’d guess lol) I’m getting some for when we go out of the house so I have a better way of spotting them in a crowed no matter how big or small it is(something that worries me if we go out!!)

Also they will have my logo with phone number on it so if they did disappear then at least there would be a contact details.

I was wondering do you think it would be daft to put them on the kids when dropping off and picking up from school as it can get quiet busy with parents coming and going if you get what I mean!

I have 2 just starting reception and one in year 2 with my son.

Also would you get your own kids to wear one as well??

Sorry lots of q's

Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 08:24 AM
I have these vests and use them when I go out on outings or in a crowded area.

Do you think you need them? Are the children likely to wander off? These would be questions for any child we me, mine or others

emmadines
02-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I would prob think the 4 soon to be 5 year olds might (well at least one of them would?

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 08:28 AM
If you felt more comfortable then I would put them in a vest. They may moan at first but it will become routine.

Better to be safe than sorry and to be visible and you not to worry - as much!!!

Pedagog
02-09-2008, 08:30 AM
A couple of years ago the local road safety group provided every primary school child in the village with a Hi Vis vest, after about 2 months mine were the only children who were still wearing them. My daughter wore a Hi Vis right up to the end of last winter, she is now at High school so I doubt she will wear one now, but my youngest (8) does when we are out in the winter.

wellybelly
02-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Where do you get these vests from? I think this is a great idea for outings and walking to school.

SimplyLucy
02-09-2008, 08:46 AM
During minding hours no child walks out of my front door until they are wear a hi-vis vest.

School is less than a 5 minute walk away but at least I can spot my charges and count all 8 in an instant.

At my inspection the inspector was impressed with my strict saftey guidelines.

venus89
02-09-2008, 08:53 AM
That's something I've been considering too and I also thought about would I make my kids wear them And I think I would - at the end of the day I'd want them to be safe too and the mindees would feel different to my kids, when we're meant to be giving them a sense of belonging. And my son would probably want one of his own anyway!

polobear1970
02-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Where do you get these vests from? I think this is a great idea for outings and walking to school.

I just some this weekend from Ikea

Lisa

emmadines
02-09-2008, 09:27 AM
yes Ikea is best from what I gather! I also have brought some transfere stuff that you paint onto the required picture! Im gonna reverse my logo and details and paint it on. the iron onto the item that I want it on, in this case hi vis vests.

wellybelly
02-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Im going to have a look at ikea too - I think you can get the transfer paper at tesco. ive no idea how to reverse print, but i'll have a go x

emmadines
02-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Im going to have a look at ikea too - I think you can get the transfer paper at tesco. ive no idea how to reverse print, but i'll have a go x

have you got paint on your desktop??

go to "image" its between the "view" and "colours" options.

the click on flip and rotate. and there you go :)

miss mopple
02-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I have some embroidered with my details on and the kids wear them to school as well as on outings.

Its great advertising too :D

Schnakes
02-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Miss Mopple - where did you get yours from? This Ikea...flip..print..paint malarky sounds too much like hard work!

Sx

angeldelight
02-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Sounds a great idea go for it

Angel xx

jellytot
02-09-2008, 04:16 PM
i got mine from the pound shop.

emmadines
02-09-2008, 05:00 PM
i got mine from the pound shop.

really?:eek: <--- shock!

SimplyLucy
02-09-2008, 05:08 PM
I got mine in pound land too and guess what........................they were £1 each! :D

emmadines
02-09-2008, 05:30 PM
i bet thats a while ago now?

miss mopple
02-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Miss Mopple - where did you get yours from? This Ikea...flip..print..paint malarky sounds too much like hard work!

Sx

I got them from a childminder called Donna (think her website is called promoting childminders). I'm pretty sure she's not doing them any more though :(

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 07:33 PM

I got mine from Ikea - about £2.50 each and in green or pink which makes a change to the standard yellow

jellytot
02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
mine are orange, not sure if they still do them though. do struggle as the older 1s get bigger, younger 1s love them