PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 Business Use

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 08:11 AM
I currently have my car insurance with Churchill as they don't charge any extra for Class 1 Business Use but on ringing around for quotes as it is up for renewal I find other companies put on a subsidy as I am a childminder.

Who do you use?

sarah707
02-09-2008, 08:48 AM
http://www.layton-blackham.com/motorminder_1.aspx?doc=1:27762&id=1:29983&id=1:28972&id=1:28957

This is my new insurer for household but they also do car

You can compare with...

http://www.*****************/child/motorcare.htm

Nicki L
02-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I dont drvie sorry - but i use the homeminder insurance by layton blackham for my house insurance and i know they do good deals for childminders on the motor insurance too

katickles
02-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Tesco's - they didn't add anything on for me being a chldminder either :)

Why not take a look at one of the price comparison sites?

manjay
02-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I use Layton Blackham too. Personally they offered the best childminding cover at a decent price.

Andrea08
02-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I use More than and have 2 cars and a named driver no extra for buisness use, in fact the little fiesta is less than £25 mth but the big shogun is about £43 mth so not bad realy,
oh sorry can i say names on ere??
Andrea

miss mopple
02-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I use layton blackham too. They hiked the price up this year :mad: , but I challenged them and beat them down so stayed with them as I know their cover is good :thumbsup:

kiddiwinks
02-09-2008, 09:56 PM
I use Quinn direct they worked out cheaper than motorminder. i do have house insurance with homeminder.

MissTinkerbell
06-09-2008, 07:46 PM
We have First Alternative and they don't charge any extra either - they do it automatically.

LOOPYLISA
06-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Layton blackham, think thats how you spell it only just moved to them x:thumbsup:

ajs
06-09-2008, 10:42 PM
layton blackham for both cars although when i tried to add sam aged 17 onto the car that we've got for him they quoted a very competitive £4000 :eek:
so i am looking for a company that can cover a 17 year old and have business cover for a little less money

the car is only a n reg peugoet 306 and only woirth about £750

polobear1970
07-09-2008, 07:16 AM
my insurance at the moment is with esure - they didn't charge any extra for being a childminder, but got renewal in last week and think i will be going with Shellas wheels and about 80 pounds cheaper and they don't charge extra either for being a childminder

lisa

littletreasures
07-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Mandy, we've got all our cars insured with Admiral. Samantha is the registered driver of our little polo with my husband and me as named drivers and me for business use. They were fairly reasonable, although I know insurance companies do stick you if it's a 17 year old boy!!

Chatterbox Childcare
07-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Thank you everyone I am going to try them all.

I gave up with price comparrison sites last year as they all needed to phone me back because of my profession.

I am struggling with my 16 year old son too.. think he will be walking for life!!!!!!

butterfly
07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
i'm with tescos. when i phoned to add business use they said i had it already and it wasn't costing me any more.

Spangles
07-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I used the Tesco comparison site and it came up with Sheila's Wheels so I did a couple more comparison sites and they were all the same. Sheila's Wheels was by far the cheapest for me.

sharons
23-10-2008, 07:29 PM
I am with shelias wheels but am going to find out what tesco charge:laughing: :laughing:

aims
30-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I've just had quotes from Layton Blackham, for both car and home.

The guy explained to me about the business use classes and as a childminder we should be class 3 as class one covers to drive to different places of work ie schools/nursery/days out etc but won't cover the children you have in the car, so therefore you need class 3 which will cover you. He said that many ins. companies will say you're covered, but when you come to claim you'll find you're under insured and that they'll say you can claim against your pub liability, but that is void in the event of a road traffic accident.

Does anyone know what the definitive answer is on this? I'm about to go hunting around for other quotes and want to make sure I won't get fobbed off with the wrong level of cover.

x

fionamal
30-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I have class 3 insurance so that all the kids in the vehicle are covered as are all the car seats.

The other class 1 and 2 dont cover the individual children if they get wiplash etc in the event of an accident nor do they replace all the car seats.

The last thing you would want is a parent to sue you for their kids being injured in a car crash.

I found Motor Minder to be the best for this type of cover

Kelly
30-10-2008, 01:56 PM
I am with Shelia's Wheels they were basically the cheapest including everything I needed!!!

Kelly

roseybev
19-11-2008, 08:54 PM
i was told today that its buisness class 3 we need not class 1 so be careful girls .

ChocolateChip
19-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Have just seen this, it's quite worrying!
At all my pre-reg stuff (last year so not that long ago) they kept telling us to get class 1, no-one even mentioned anything else, not even the insurance company. There I am thinking we're all covered and it might not be the case :eek:
I'd hate to think that the kids weren't covered in an accident, I will have to double check mine tomorrow.

Peppa
19-11-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm with nationwide and I have phoned lots, to ensure covered with class 1 and they say its fine, i have this if it helps?

Class 1
It is only the Regular Driver and Spouse who may have business use class 1. Business cover does NOT extend to cover any other named drivers on the policy, although the named drivers may still use the car for social, domestic and pleasure purposes.

Class 2
Class 2 covers named drivers and the RD/Sp business use. The named drivers only have the business use cover when they are driving the car in connection with the business of the main driver, They do NOT have cover if they are driving for the business of a different employer.

Class 3
Class 3 use provides business cover for the transportation of light goods, which have already been purchased, for example, pizzas or flowers. The driver who needs cover while selling services on a "door to door" basis will be covered by this option.

sskent08
30-12-2008, 11:34 AM
hello

i am just phoning round getting quotes for my car insurance.:panic:

i called the NCMA and they advised class 1 business use doesn't provide insurance for the children - if they were injuried they have no insurance for claims and your public liability insurance doesn't cover motor.

so far Morton Michel have come out cheapest :clapping: and the policy is designed for childminders so you know that you are fully covered

jeanybeany
30-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I was with Tesco but now with Sheilas Wheels, they were the cheapest for me and very efficient and easy to deal with.:)I always ask them to make sure I am covered for having minded children in the car infact I think they got sick of me checking :laughing: :laughing: