PDA

View Full Version : Uniform??

LittleStars
02-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Just a curious question (brought about by looking at Sarahs blog where it looks like she is wearing a logo t shirt)....do any of you wear a uniform or tabbard type thingy while working??

In the past when I woked in nurseries and playcenters it was always mandatory to wear a uniform but as a nanny or a childminder I have always just worn everyday clothes. I have found recently though that lots of my clothes are gettting wrecked really really quickly...I have 6 children aged 8wks to 5yrs on my books and my own two children...thats alot of greasy fingers! I was looking at the tabbards on ebay that you can get in say pink with your logo on them...but I can't help wondering what other people think of them? Are they naf or fine? Do your parents take the mickey? Do you only wear them at home or do you wear them at toddler groups etc? (would be great advertising??).

Love to hear your opinions...sorry if it has been done to death!

mum22
02-09-2008, 07:47 AM
I am toying with the idea of an embroidered polo shirts, there are a few threads with ideas of where to get them from kicking around, but i cant decide what to have printed on them... I personally will wear it every day, less hassle than deciding what to wear and great advertising:clapping:

Bushpig
02-09-2008, 07:49 AM
When I childmind I am a fashion victim :blush:
Tshirts and comfy slacks... hair up and no makeup.. I look quite deliiiicious ;)

crazybones
02-09-2008, 07:52 AM
I got T-shirts from Vistaprint when they are on the free offers. I got the white ones with a logo on but they are looking a bit tired now. I might pay a little extra and get some black ones.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 07:54 AM
I toyed with the idea of polo shirts but the cost of the printing was more than the tax relief so I didn't bother

I wear multi coloured tops from M&S. A lot of the time they are 3 for £5.00 and as they go in the bin regularly they are a bargain

Pedagog
02-09-2008, 07:59 AM
I was thinking about getting some blouses embrioided with a logo. Maybe a tabards as well, but then I normally wear an apron around the house any way.

Nicki L
02-09-2008, 06:15 PM
i have just ordered one of the NCMA tabards - in the sale they were just over £12. Thought i could throw it on when i am in the house

sarah707
02-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Yes I wear my shirts with my logo embroidered ... I am about to get some v neck ones as well as the polo shirts and I've been pricing up a fleece and rain coat but might just get the logo and sew it on myself.

They are commented on when I go out so they're great advertising.

I got so sick of my own clothes being ruined, they are great! :D

katickles
02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
I tend to just wear day to day casuals - Jeans & a top of some description.

I too ordered some t-shirts from Vista print. Got a couple of white & couple in black - great for advertising. But tbh - I don' really wear them all that much, i guess i feel a bit silly :blush:

sue m
02-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I've always worn comfy clothes, jeans and a top all the years I've been a childminder but I've done the same as Annie and ordered t shirts from vistaprint. I got the black Annie, y'know how white goes after a while and I hate it when my whites go grey!! :D I think the black ones were on offer the other day. I don't have a name for my 'business' so I'm having Sue and Ofsted Registered Childminder on.

LisaH
02-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I tend to just wear jeans and t shirt but may get something with a work logo on. My own tops are getting ruined. :)

Pedagog
03-09-2008, 08:23 AM
I can thoroughly recommend both these firms for their service ABS Embroidery and banana moon.

hope that helps.

LOOPYLISA
03-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Im defanatly thinking of getting some polo shirts printed up, hubby can.t wait for us to think of a name so he can run and get them printed!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx:D

Julia
03-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Ive had a uniform for the last 3 months and it is great, I dont have to worry about what to wear in the morning, my nice clothes dont get ruined, everyone recognises Im a childcare provider and ask about my service (gret marketing tool) and the parents said it looks professional.

So I cant understand why ALL childminders arnt waering a uniform?:laughing:

Mrs.L.C
03-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Iv just ordered a T shirt and a fleece with my name on front and web address on the back. Its cost me just over £20. Will let u know if they are any good when I get them but the link is below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170250087857&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

Lou
03-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Just to be contraversial (for a change) and not to offend anyone.....

I WOULD NOT BE SEEN DEAD!!!! sorry.

I just wear my everyday clothes. If i didnt want anything to get ruined i wouldnt wear it while minding.

Spangles
03-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I've got some embroidered polo shirts which are brilliant but I don't wear them all the time.

I can wear them for a couple of weeks then I really need to wear something nicer so do that for a couple of weeks then go back to the polos.

I'm not a polo shirt person so every now and again I have to risk wearing something a bit more fashionable or I feel weird! It is good when I do wear them though as they're very comfortable and I don't have to think about what to wear.

manjay
03-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Can you get them in River Island?

LittleStars
03-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Great replies thanks :)

Im going to get a plain pinny or tabard to wear when Im at home just to keep my clothes looking reasonable.

Maybe when Im feeling a bit braver I will go with the logo stuff :blush:

angeldelight
03-09-2008, 07:25 PM

I just wear my everyday clothes. If i didnt want anything to get ruined i wouldnt wear it while minding.

I feel a bit like that Lou

Cant see myself wearing a fleece with my name on it when im out and about ha

Angel xx

manjay
03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
I feel a bit like that Lou

Cant see myself wearing a fleece with my name on it when im out and about ha

Angel xx

You could have a nice Angel embroidered on the back!!!!

Spangles
03-09-2008, 07:28 PM
That's what I was thinking too.

Jinx
03-09-2008, 07:38 PM

I have to agree with you there Lou.
I'd rather people didn't know I was a minder sometimes. I like to see them trying to work out how I managed to have so many kids so close together! :laughing:

angeldelight
03-09-2008, 07:51 PM
You could have a nice Angel embroidered on the back!!!!

Hahaha yeah thats true

Angel xx

Mrs.L.C
08-09-2008, 01:34 PM
just got my t shirts that I ordered. Cost me half the price that I would normaly spend on a top and had my website printed on the back and they look fab and feel great.

Ordered a fleece and polo for just over £20, Polo T-shirts were about £6 incl embroidery ...bargain

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=007

karenjoy
08-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I think I may just start wearing my badge and get a tabard/apron for in the house

SonnysMummy
08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I've always hated wearing uniforms when working in nurseries...i hate uniforms as i like to be individual. So i wouldn't wear one.