PDA

View Full Version : legally what should i do????

taiwallis
01-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok, here goes again!!!!
Nothing to do with my kids.
I have a friend, who has a teenage kid, just turned 15. I have just found out that his 30 year old art teacher has been trying to have a relationship with him. Mum, not savvy with life, very sweet but a few notches short of reality. She allowed son to go on holiday with teacher this summer for an 'art course', to paris. I thought other children were going on this trip but just found out she allowed her son alone with the teacher. anyway, he is now in mourning, as he has realised it is wrong, however she has advanced, declaring her love. i am feeling torn. I understand her naivity, but have explained that it is beyond wrong what is going on, and have persuaded her to tell her husband. She is now on holiday and has left him alone at home, and the 'teacher' is meant to be coming to stay this weekend whilst they are away so that they can sort things out. I have said this is wrong, and she should not be allowed to come. The teacher has left his school but is moving to another boys only school to teach gcse and a level art to other boys. I am in the view that she should be struck off - i am normal, and understand that people have emotions, but does this not go on beyond the boundaries of trust that you instill in people that care for your children, whatever the age??
advice please. ps. do i need to say anything to anyone as a childcare professional?

Pipsqueak
01-09-2008, 09:17 PM
This teacher is abusing her position of trust, power and professionality. Essentially she is "abusing" this boy - Sorry but I would be reporting it. Yes as a childcare professional I think you would have a professional duty as well as a moral obligation too.

Would you or anyone else have second thoughts if it was a male teacher/female student. Can I just ask how you know she is moving onto other boys? Has all this information come from the mother/boy/other parties?

I certainly wouldn't want a 30yr old woman hanging around my teenage (hormonal, emotions all over the place) son.

brillminder
01-09-2008, 09:32 PM
what a mess , we would get reported :panic:

taiwallis
01-09-2008, 09:40 PM
overwatched one weekend him saying goodbye to teacher as she was moving schools and he had stayed with her to help her pack up her things.i was concerned as she and he were crying and embracing more than they should have been. anyway, they are neighbours and i didnt want to get involved. they are not 'lcd', not that that matters, but this is a very highly respected private school. mum came to say happy bday to me this morning as she is leaving for holiday, leaving him home, and younger son at friends. she said he was in bad way, and i just blurted out 'he in love with his teacher', thats when she said it had be reciprocated - i then explained how serious it was - she now abroad but i have pursuaded her to tell her husband - spoken to him this afternoon,he cam independently for my advice, i have advised him to have no more contact and explained how serious it is - i honestly dont know if something has happened already - he is in pieces - (at just 15!!) he has never had a girlfriend before. i explained to mum on phone abroad, what if they did it 1 time and she go pregnant and decided to keep it - that is his life completely screwed. i say stick to state schools!!

Pipsqueak
01-09-2008, 09:43 PM
No, i think I would be reporting it. Its wrong wrong wrong

mum22
02-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Like Pipsqueak said, I would report this it is very wrong.

Nicki L
02-09-2008, 07:11 AM
I would def report it - it is very wrong

Pedagog
02-09-2008, 07:31 AM
You have to report her. The fact that she is working in the Private School sector, is worrying, as it means she may well have already got a reputation in the state school sector.

I personally know of two teachers sacked by the state schools (Pre-CRB days) for similar things both went to work for local private schools.

Tatia
02-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh my gawd, if you are sure of your facts, then report her RIGHT NOW!!! It's abuse!

yvonne
02-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Like everyone else i would report it if you know for a fact that there is something going on, i feel so sorry for this young lad, at this age they are going through alot anyway, but for this woman to give him this kind of attention is dangerous. :mad:

Minstrel
02-09-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm guessing you dont need anymore of the same advice but for what its worth i would report too.

Teresa
02-09-2008, 04:03 PM
i dont want to repeat the advice given but didnt want to read and run .

angeldelight
02-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Oh my gawd, if you are sure of your facts, then report her RIGHT NOW!!! It's abuse!

Yes I agree

Angel xx

littletreasures
02-09-2008, 05:47 PM
I would definitely report her !!!

katickles
02-09-2008, 06:20 PM
I am n total shock!! Sorry I know thios mother is a friend of yours but come on - surely she knows that this is wrong!!:mad:

Bushpig
02-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Report it!!!! :eek: :eek:

Wendy Woo
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
deff report it

prob a police matter as the kid is under age

not nice but she should NOT be round any children let alone impressionable boys!!!!!!!!

tulip0803
02-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Definately needs to be reported. He is a child being abused. Even if she were not a teacher it is abuse. The fact she is a teacher means she is abusing a position of trust.

If it was a 15 year old girl and 30 year old teacher the parents and everyone around would be totally freaked. People seem to think it is different when it is a teenage boy and female teacher but it is not.

It is abuse and by moving to another school she can just start again with another child.

stalbansminder
02-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Please report it to OFSTED and the school she was at, and maybe the police too. This is child abuse.:( :mad: