PDA

View Full Version : Overnight care urgent!

cloud9
01-09-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm trying to find out i have recently applied for overnight care, i looked at the standards and thought great i met them all but then when i showed my hubby he said well what are they gonna sleep on, to which i said the sleep mats that i bought.(they are about 20 cm thick) Well he said thats a bit naff isn't it! He seems to think ready beds or inflatable ones would be better.
Now im freaking out cos i have ofsted round in the morning but thought these were ok, the standards state that the child needs their own bed.
So does this mean you can only use an actual bed?
Because my play room will be used for the overnight care so i cant put a bed in there.
Does anyone know what would be acceptable?

PaulaR
01-09-2008, 06:25 PM
have absoletely no idea. Have never thought abut doing overnight care. Would be interested to know how it all works out though

son77
01-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Not sure either to be honest.

Think a ready bed would be ok, dont think they'll except the mat though.

May be wrong!

kindredspirits
01-09-2008, 06:44 PM
i think an inflatable bed or something will be needed - can't see a child spending a whole night on a sleep mat - BUT i would say to ofsted if you don't have time to go shopping first that you have re-evaluated the bed situation and will be purchasing x,y,z - perhaps show a print out of what you'll buy - i think that should surfice.

anna x

aims
01-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Although I'm still pre-reg I've asked for overnight care to be on my cert and my ofsted inspector was happy with either travel cot for baby/young toddler, and a ready bed for an older child.

She did ask what I would do with a much older child, say over six (which must ready bed's go up to) and I said that I would provide a single inflatable, but that my actual plan is to get either a fold up camp bed, or a single sized sofa bed (Ikea £95) as that will suit all children with the addition of a bed guard if necc.

Moral of my tale is however, that I had none of these things, I just needed to demonstrate I would have them, whilst the application for overnight care is going through and before you take on a mindee you make the necc arrangements.

BTW, tesco are doing their own brand ready beds for £15.00.

Good Luck tomorrow !

cloud9
01-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Although I'm still pre-reg I've asked for overnight care to be on my cert and my ofsted inspector was happy with either travel cot for baby/young toddler, and a ready bed for an older child.

She did ask what I would do with a much older child, say over six (which must ready bed's go up to) and I said that I would provide a single inflatable, but that my actual plan is to get either a fold up camp bed, or a single sized sofa bed (Ikea £95) as that will suit all children with the addition of a bed guard if necc.

Moral of my tale is however, that I had none of these things, I just needed to demonstrate I would have them, whilst the application for overnight care is going through and before you take on a mindee you make the necc arrangements.

BTW, tesco are doing their own brand ready beds for £15.00.

Good Luck tomorrow !

Thank you for that i feel better as i have the ready beds i will look now!