PDA

View Full Version : Feeling swamped.....

LittleStars
01-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Just need some support from some people who don't think I sit infront of the tv all day drinking tea......

Just got back from a months holiday (which was amazing) was able to take the time as I had 2 full timers leave in July and and the parents of my other mindees don't work so were happy for me to take the time off.
I have come back (with slight post holiday blues) to the most insane week ever!!!!

2 new starters settling, 3 mindees resettling after the break, a new mindee coming to sign contracts, playdates with my childrens friends, a meeting with the childminding coordinator...a washing mountain...this months invoices to do...last months accounts to do...school uniform to sort out, name, BUY arghhh.... my kids not back at school....3 organic healthy meals a day to prepare...and a hubby who is convinced I have all day to iron his shirts and run his errands instead of drinking tea infront of bargain hunt...

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Please tell me I am going to get through this week without going insane....please tell me Im not the only one!

Wendy Woo
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
yes u will.

i came back to two weeks in france (not as long as u a month would be great lucky u) to 5 children staright in 3 of which were not good with re startin!!!
a mountain of washin, a bomb site of a house due to the fact we didnt get home till 11pm on the sun and started back on the mon, and had to do a complete turn around on the packin as we were goin to wales for long weekend after that week!!!!!
I managed it and if i can im sure u will.
It was hard but i made a list which helped all tho i am still goin thro it to get things done 3 weeks lata!!!!!!

Good luck tho u will be fine x

Monkey1
01-09-2008, 07:25 PM
sounds like a normal week to me!:D Only joking! You'll get through babe. I have needed to make an urgent call today but by the time i got round to it the office had closed!:rolleyes:

Put it this way....it can only get better!:eek:

LisaH
01-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Lol, don't panic!! Keep plodding on and you'll get there in the end.:)

Been a mad house here today too. Just finished ironing 3 lots of school uniforms and scrubbed my mucky boys clean all ready for school tomorrow.:laughing:

Annie_T
01-09-2008, 07:53 PM
wow a months holiday lucky you hun,

sounds you got your work cut out for a while hun, bless ya

Pipsqueak
01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
You will get through it (recommend several large black coffees during the day and some proplus, cans of redbull on standby :D - only kidding).

Make a list - prioritise jobs and must do's and set yourself little targets (nice easy to acheive ones).

Don't panic hun - life is too short to stress about the things we do or don't manage to do (remind me of that next time I am going off on one please)

xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
01-09-2008, 08:55 PM
I am always deflated when I come back off hols.

Apart from getting back into the swing of things there is the unpacking, washing and general sorting out

By Friday next week you will wonder what a holiday was

Chin up