PDA

View Full Version : 1st Leaver

glove
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Hello,

I am looking for ideas on what other childminders do.

One of the children Ive been looking after for a year now is leaving in 2 weeks time as his mum is about to have another baby.

As this is my first child to leave my setting I was wondering if it would be nice to hold a little leaving party for him. Is this something that other childminders do?. Also when children leave is it normal to buy them a little leaving gift?

I have already filled a little scrap book with some of his art work and photos of him playing with the other children in my setting and of course stuck a pic of me in it with a little goodbye message. I was wondering if this scrap book would be an ideal gift to remind him of his time with me rather then buying him something from a toy shop.

Can anyone give me their thoughts/ideas?

Polly2
01-09-2008, 04:06 PM
One of my little ones left in July. I did a scrap book, also put loads of pics on a cd for mum and I bought a small gift too.

We had a little party for her and I made a card which all the children signed/drew on.
She had a great time.

Hope you don't get too upset when lo leaves - both mum and me were crying :blush:

glove
01-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks for your suggestions, I really like your card idea I'll get straight onto it starting tomorrow. :)

angeldelight
01-09-2008, 04:49 PM
We always have a party and do a scrapbook

We usually do a handprint with a poem for the parents too

Hope you have a lovely time whatever you do

Angel xx