PDA

View Full Version : Help - Panicking as to what I am going to do?

jw19nr
01-09-2008, 01:30 PM
I applied in April, and had my pre-reg in May. Inspector said she would expect me to be regtered in july ish time. So I thought to be on the safe side, I would say September. I am meant to be starting looking after a little girl, 3 hours a day, 3 days a week, from mid september. They knew I didnt have my reg when we had an interview with them, but I said it should come in plenty of time.

I am STILL waiting for my husbands CRB!!! What can I do? I don't want to mess the family around, or loose the child, but I dont know what to do. They want to come round asap and do contact etc.

Are there any ways round it? I know you can look after them for 2 hours a day without needing to be registered, but they want 3 - an hour before school, and 2 after. Can I maybe do the 3rd hour for free until my registration comes through? Or would it not work like that?

I know I shouldn't commit to taking on a child before registration arrived, but I needed to line up children as I need to start earning asap.

Please help as I dont know what to do. I am pregnant too and really don't need the stress!!! :(

sue m
01-09-2008, 01:35 PM
You will get some 'proper' answers but I think you should chase them up re the CRB asap. Congratulations on the pregnancy too.

jw19nr
01-09-2008, 01:42 PM
You will get some 'proper' answers but I think you should chase them up re the CRB asap. Congratulations on the pregnancy too.

I have been ringing them every few days for about 2 months. The first time I rang, they said it is in stage 4, this was ages ago. Now they are telling me it only went into stage 4 at the end of augst and they can't chase it up until it has been in stage 4 for 60 days!! which, if you use the august date, is another month. But it HAS been in stage 4 for over 60 days, but they have changed the date now :angry: I questioned this and they said they didnt know what I was talking about but they cant do anything :mad:

Really getting upset about this now. I have put so much time and effort into this, and feel like I am getting no support from ofsted or crb.

jw19nr
01-09-2008, 02:10 PM
This has had over 30 views and only one person replied?

angeldelight
01-09-2008, 05:11 PM
I dont think there is much advice that anyone can give you so maybe that is why you have not had many reply plus everyones been busy working so maybe more will reply later ?

Sorry that you dont seem to be getting much support from anyone who you contact and sorry to hear that you are getting upset about it

Congratulations on the pregnancy though that is lovely news and something to look forward to

I really can not say much more than do what you are doing and be a pest continue to call them every day if you have to

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xx

kindredspirits
01-09-2008, 05:19 PM
have you been ringing ofsted as well as crb?? i think ofsted can push them a bit more, i was told that they would chase anything that took longer than 8 weeks from start to finish. might be worth a try if you haven't tried. as a worst case scenario i wonder if ofsted would register you with a condition of reg that your husband couldn't be in the house while you were minding - until his crb comes through. i don't know if thats possible but i don't see why not.
anna x

LittleStars
01-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I in this situation personally would just charge for the 2 hours and work the 3rd for free BUT you need to make very clear to the parents that you are not yet registered and have no insurance..... this isn't the 'correct' answer as Im sure this isn't following the rules as they are meant to be followed. The fact that you are working for free so that you are going to be looking after her once registered would count as 'reward' in the rule book (in the same way that money, or chocs etc would).
Another possibility would be to make sure that you are out for an hour every day....in theory the 2 hours only counts for the hours that you are home.
Or to work at the childs house as a nanny until your reg comes through.

The main thing you need to do is make sure your parents are clear that your reg hasn't come through and you are not insured etc. I would probably get this in writing from them to avoid repercussions.

KEEP chasing Ofsted.....

Hope it comes though soon

foxy lady
01-09-2008, 05:24 PM
could you look after them in their own home untill your registration comes threw . you can look after them there without any bother and keep chasing the crb. you could always kick your hubby out then you wont need a crb for him (ha ha only joking ~)

brillminder
01-09-2008, 09:41 PM
i agree with 2 previous posts, you could chage a lump fee( 3 x rate) for the two hours too, not hourly :)

mum22
02-09-2008, 08:01 AM
It has been an awful long time, i would badger again and speak to ofsted and say you are losing business over this, hopefully it will come quick..

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 08:07 AM
I thought that babysitting was 2 hours at a time and you are saying that you are 3 hours per day. If the hours are split, i.e. 1 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, then I cannot see why it is childminding.

Again I would chase the CRB and ask Ofsted if you would be childminding or babysitting with split hours. Will probably take an adviser to ask and inspector, to ask a team manager to come back down the chain but I am sure you will be able to start!