PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for new double buggy!!

donnagwynne
11-01-2008, 01:00 PM
My double buggy has finally died!! RIP

I need advice on what to replace it with as I have a long list of requirements and a teeny tiny budget!!

It needs to be able to accommodate two two year olds 13 and 15kgs,
narrow,
rigid,
suitable for a buggy board,
inexpensive-ish,
and quite cheap!!

A tall order I know, but I need to get it over the weekend!!

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks, Donna

Tily Bud
11-01-2008, 01:27 PM
i used to have a marco sky that would fit the bill otherwise what about one of the graco double buggies they are quite good.

At the moment ive got a phil & teds but they are expensive - it was £250 second hand off ebay :rolleyes:

Why dont you check out your local freecycle group ?

fionamal
11-01-2008, 01:28 PM
I bought mine secondhand its a McLaren Twin Traveller so folds up umbarella style and is very easy to push with front swivel wheels and fits in shop doors.

It only cost £40 which was great.

Have you tried your local ads in shops etc or even car boot, charity shops etc as they are all good for things like that.

cherry
11-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Have you tried Freecycle on the internet. It's a site where everything is free!

If you want to get rid of anything you put it on this site for free or you are allowed to ask if anyone has a certain item but they are a bit strict about asking all the time they do like you to offer items as well.

Hope this helps.

Cherry x

bubbly
11-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I could do with some advice too as I need to buy a double buggy this weekend. I've never bought one before and don't really know what to look for, apart from two seats and a raincover! Would I be able get a double buggy for a baby and a 3 year old? I mean, would the weight issue be all wrong? Would the 3 year old be better off with a board instead?

sarah32
11-01-2008, 04:19 PM
I would try freecycle as well. I put a wanted in for a double buggy as got a call for emergency cover. A lady replied same day, offered double buggy and even delivered it to me. What more can you ask for.:)

Brilliant when like me didnt have the money to buy one and wouldnt use it very often.

Sarah

LittleAcorns
11-01-2008, 07:48 PM
I had one of those St Moritz tandem ones, I hated it, only kept it for 2 weeks!!!!!! I look after a nearly 2 year old & a 2 1/2 year old, so quite big children, I have a Graco Tandem, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!, I have a huge hill to push the kids up, I can manage (just:laughing: ) even pushing one handed and holding a toddlers hand, they retail at around £180, but I think you can get them on Ebay for around £100.....oh and another plus the basket is massive :jump for joy:

Angela234
11-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I have GRACO double easy steer evan one handed doesn't fold too small

I'm looking for a buggy board for my 2 year old mindee as we go on the bus a lot (nursery run)and use single buggy for 1 year old (double doesn't fit on bus)

Angela

mummyspice
11-01-2008, 11:36 PM
I LOVE the Graco duosport light. sold mine when i finished in march-but got another for starting in feb.

bubbly
12-01-2008, 10:22 PM
I bought an O'Baby Apollo Twin buggy today. Came in at just under £80 in the sale (normally just under £100). Obviously it's not top quality but I couldn't afford anything in the next price bracket of £150-£200. I've been looking out for a secondhand one but they're all advertised for approx £60. Weighing everything up, I decided to go for new.

miffy
13-01-2008, 08:51 AM
I've got a little tikes double buggy - it's very light, with a solid handle which I like.

I don't know if they make them anymore - I got it from Mothercare but it was a few years ago.

Miffy xx

donnagwynne
13-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks everyone,

Well, my dh talked me into increasing my buying budget (i might as well, he said, or it will end up going to the taxman!).

Anyway, believe it or not, even with a much more realistic budget I still can't find anything, new or secondhand that is suitable. I need a twin for my dd and a minded boy of 2 years and 8 months and he weighs just over 15kg! The weight limit is 15kg for all of the buggies. I then thought about the much more expensive out and about 3 wheeler, I was about to bid on Ebay for one, when I realised that it WOULD NOT FIT THROUGH THE FRONT GATE!!!!

Stupid me! Although definately would have been more stupid if I had bought one and then couldn't fit it through the gate!!

Anyway, still have no idea what to get. Thanks anyway!!!!!!!!

miffy
13-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Hiya Donna

I know this won't sound very helpful but why does the boy of 2yrs 8months need a buggy - can't he walk, then you could get a single buggy - problem solved.

I've got a feeling I'm missing something here :panic:

miffy xx

manjay
13-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I need one too as my school walk is too far for the little ones. Even the 5 year old struggles at the moment.

Luckily I have a grant to pay for mine but I still can't find one that is suitable

amanda xx

bubbly
13-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I need one too as my school walk is too far for the little ones. Even the 5 year old struggles at the moment.
That's my problem too. It's too far for the 3 year old to walk.

Tily Bud
13-01-2008, 02:43 PM
wot about the phil & tedes it for up to age 5 yrs x

donnagwynne
14-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Basically the boy is in training for being a man, i.e. will be as idle as possible if he can get away with it!!

But, with 4 other children to get out for the school run in the morning, I feel that it is more efficient and much safer to have the two little ones together in the pushchair. And the pushchair carries all of the school stuff too.

Anyway, I have ended up with a second-hand Mamas and Papas Aria Twin, but I don't think that it will last very long. It looks much smarter than the old one though, and sometimes you have to think about how you look when you are out, because you are a walking advertisement for the service you provide!!

Donna

bubbly
14-01-2008, 07:03 PM
I used my new double buggy for the 1st time today and it almost killed me! :eek: I know I'm unfit but I didn't realise quite how much. I had to go up and over a bridge which is on a mighty steep slope and if anyone else had seen me they would've called the paramedics :D. Hope it gets easier with time lol.