PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

mummyof3
31-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi Everyone, This is a bit of a strange question, but does anyone use the nintendo wii with the mindees??
My own children love the wii and play on it most days (very good exercise so I don't mind at all). I am just wondering if this can be included into your day and what boxes would this tick?

SimplyLucy
01-09-2008, 06:04 AM
My children have a Wii and love it. To begin with I didn't use it with mindees as it wasn't classed as a "share toy".

Well as the summer holidays have gone on, and the weather has been awful for most of it, so the Wii got used!

The mindees loved it. I'm very strict about children not playing sitting still on the sofas or in another room (have you ever been hit by a controler? it hurts!).

They were very good at taking turns and sharing and all soon got the hang of it. The youngest mindee that was playing is 4 and a half (same age as my youngest). I did help the nearly 2 year old to have a go at bowling, but he wasn't really interested.

charleyfarley
01-09-2008, 06:09 AM
We have a wii and love it

I haven't used it with the mindees yet but that is because at 1 and 2 they wouldn't be able to do it, a tad young I think.

I would use it with older children though., as you said it's good exercise

Carol xx

crazybones
01-09-2008, 06:10 AM
I let the older ones play on it. They helped me make a list of rules and have stuck to them pretty well. We actually managed just over two weeks of the school hols before they asked to use it so that was pretty good going.

Dragonfly
01-09-2008, 07:21 AM
I let my older mindees use it, it's like everything else TV included everything in moderation.And yes it is some form of exercise::thumbsup:

kindredspirits
01-09-2008, 07:28 AM
i want to let my mindees use it in moderation if they're interested - what games do you recommend for younger kids - they'll be 4 1/2ish?? so far we've got tiger woods golf, game party and sonic rings (the latter two came free with the console) i've only kept the rubbish sports add on thingies ( you know the golf club etc) incase the mindees find it interesting, and george likes to hold the golf club while dh and i play! ;)

LOOPYLISA
01-09-2008, 07:43 AM
I did menton this at my pre reg she said thats fine, thats good, it would of been a shame not to be aloud it out as my dd is always on it x:D

singlewiththree
03-09-2008, 03:29 PM
My 2yr old and 7yr old love it! we are getting the wii fit for christmas and I'm hoping to use it with older minded children in the holidays but prob not after school.

My 2yr old plays bowling and carnival games. I only have wii sports and carnvival games at the moment.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Yep sure do

They absolutely love it - especially when they beat me!

littlesprogs
03-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Yes i've just been out and bought one!

Playground is a good game for younger ones too. Its similar to carnival but obviously playground games instead lol. I have a kids golf game that one of my mindees has just been playing on and he loved it and we have a beach games one aswell thats also good for kids. I got the wii and those three games plus wii sports for £200 :clapping: