PDA

View Full Version : E123 OPEN UNIVERSITY

mrsbumbles
11-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I have just reserved myself on the E123 certifiacte in early years practice, I was just wondering if any of you have done it and wether you have any good advice.The course starts October, just waiting for funding to be confirmed.

sarah707
11-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm doing it now and have a tutorial tomorrow... must prepare :D

I'm doing it with neicynoo and lindylu on here and there are some others I think... it's hard work, but I've learned a lot! :jump for joy:

donnagwynne
11-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Donna,

I am also doing the E123, although I got off to a flying start with a really good first assignment, Christmas preparations etc have left me miserably behind schedule. Definately make sure that you have enough time to devote to it, which is particularly hard as you may not know until closer to the start time about how many you will be minding. I think that it is definatley worth doing though, particularly if you are funded too. It will also make a good transferable qualification if you later decide to work outside the home.

Good Luck Donna,
Donna

kaz1501
11-01-2008, 05:06 PM
I did the E123 in 2006 followed by E124 last year.
I loved E123 & found it really thought provoking & interesting whereas the E124, for me, was a bit of a drag. However I am glad I took them one at a time as there is a fair bit of work if you are trying to do 2 at once. Are you going for the full Foundation Degree or stopping at the Cert in EYP?

The best advice I can give is to plan when you can work & try to stick to it (not always easy, I know) I used to have a bath around 7pm then sit & read/study for an hour. The assignments I did at a weekend altho it did mean that I lost a few weekends over the year!

If I had to do it again I would. And I have to warn you that OU study is rather addictive! I am about to start my next course towards the Foundation Degree with the OU

There is a forum for the course you are on which, I found brilliant. A bit like this one, full of friendly people willing to help. The tutorials are supposed to be good but I never managed to get to any & relied on the forum & the tutor to pass on assignment (or in OU speak, TMA) advice.

Go for it, you'll enjoy it and the day you get the letter saying you can add 'Cert in EYP (Open)' after your name is magical!!!!!!

Good luck for October & welcome to the OU addiction!!!

Karen