PDA

View Full Version : picking up at 2 schools??

kindredspirits
31-08-2008, 11:10 AM
i'm considering advertising that i can pick up at two schools - both of them are about a 5 min walk from my house, in oppsite directions - but i signed contracts for one boy at school A and he finishes at 2.45pm. the other school my stepdaughter used to go to and they finish at 3.15pm - so 30 mins to walk 5 mins should be ok. is it fair to drag this other boy to another school to hang around or should i just focus on one???

Chatterbox Childcare
31-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I picked up from 3 schools last year and it was a nightmare.

This year I am doing 2 schools and I have a 10 mins walk to do in 5 mins. I have looked after children from both schools since babies and didn't want to lose either of them.

Therefore I spoke to the schools to let them know that I may be late and they agreed to hold one in Reception.

In your case you would probably make it and not be late at all but I would say "go for it" and speak to both teachers. Explain your predicament and ask if the first one could be let out of the class 1st and then tell the 2nd teacher you will get to her as quick as you can but until you have done it a few times you may be late.

This way everyone will know what is going on.

kindredspirits
31-08-2008, 02:33 PM
thanks debbie i think i'll bear it in mind incase anyone wants me to collect from the other school. i'm hoping i'll get a few more come up from the first school as they told me the after school club has a waiting list and i'm the only cm in my area with vacancies - but so far i've only for 1 definate and 1 maybe!?!? :rolleyes:

sarah707
31-08-2008, 02:48 PM
I do 2 schools and the one I get to last doesn't mind hanging on a bit for me.

it's fine in good weather :D

mummyroysof3
31-08-2008, 03:49 PM
why dont you give it a try, explain the situation to the new parent and put a bit in contract to end with no notice if it not working out, see what she says

charlotte x

LisaH
31-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I pick up from 2 schools too. Only 5 mins walk apart and different finish times so workds out fine for me!!

Give it a try.:)

miss mopple
31-08-2008, 08:54 PM
I pick up from 2 schools. I have to drive as they are a few miles apart, but there is 15mins between them both ending.

Its a rush but so far I have never been late, and if I was then I'm sure the teacher would be fine with it.