PDA

View Full Version : EYFS - Enriching Play and Learning: 0-2 year olds

Pauline
30-08-2008, 04:37 PM
On-line course available. Cost £50 + VAT

For more details click the link below:

(http://scripts.affiliatefuture.com/AFClick.asp?affiliateID=83748&merchantID=1709&programmeID=4904&mediaID=28036&tracking=&url=http://www.ukvirtual-college.co.uk/EYFS__Enriching_play_and_learning_for_02_year_olds )EYFS - Enriching Play and Learning for 0-2 year olds (http://www.virtual-college.co.uk/products/eyfs-play-learning-0-2.aspx?A=469&B=20&SubAffiliateID=P&L0-2onlC%22%20Target=%22_blank%22)

amanda l
20-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Has anyone done this course, was thinking of having a go but just wondered if anyone has already completed it and what they thought of it.:D :D

angeldelight
20-03-2009, 07:35 AM
I have not , not sure if anyone else has ?

Angel xx

Pauline
20-03-2009, 09:28 AM
I've done some of the other courses but not this one, I do like them as you do them at your own speed so might think about this and the 3-5 one later in the year. :)

amanda l
20-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks Pauline Which ones have you done and did you find them helpful

Pauline
20-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks Pauline Which ones have you done and did you find them helpful

Integrated Working and CAF (Common Assessment Framework)
Food Hygiene
Childhood Obesity and HENRY
Child Abuse awareness
Awareness of Domestic Abuse

Reviews are included in the listings here: http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77

:)

mammumof4
12-01-2010, 01:58 PM
hi, can we get funding for these online courses?
thanks in advance
:D

Pauline
12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
hi, can we get funding for these online courses?
thanks in advance
:D

I don't know. You would need to ask whoever provides your local childminder training.:)

mammumof4
12-01-2010, 02:09 PM
ok, thanks :) i have a visit on thursday so i will ask :)

Jelly Baby
04-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi am interested in doing this and the other one afterwards but was being daft as cannot find the reviews you said were left? when i click the link below i end up back on this page?
Plus has anyone done this..is it easy/hard/good/bad/worth it or not?!
Help please?!
Thanks

Pauline
05-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi am interested in doing this and the other one afterwards but was being daft as cannot find the reviews you said were left? when i click the link below i end up back on this page?
Plus has anyone done this..is it easy/hard/good/bad/worth it or not?!
Help please?!
Thanks

There isn't a review for this one, I haven't done the course yet but if anyone else has they can add a review.

The link you mention is for reviews of the courses I mentioned in that post. :)

Jelly Baby
05-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Ah thanks Pauline..anyone done it?!

Hebs
17-10-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm going to do this one next week and the 3-5 the week after :D

i do like these online courses, and as we get little to no training locally it's better than nothing

venus89
27-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Did you do it? Did you do it?

I've got £200 for CPD and can't think what to spend it on, I wondered if these would be worthwhile? Or is it just common sense and what we already know?

jojo8905
30-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I done this one last night! It was okay, there was alot of group exercises on it as part of the learning and quite a few slides to go through.

But i passed and printed out my certificate so overall it was good!:clapping:

Pauline
31-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Congratulations! Well done and thanks for the feedback, good to hear from someone who has done it. :)

PinkFairy24
25-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi there!

Sorry, I meant to reply to this post before and forgot :panic:

I have done this on-line course and found it useful as I haven't worked with this age group before. I did spend a lot of time writing down the info as you can't copy and paste it or save. It goes through how children of this age play, as in solitary and parallel play etc.

I wouldn't do this course if you are happy with the activities that you do, as there aren't any play activities in this, just a list of toys etc that you could use.

I passed and was happy to print out my certificate! :clapping: It took me two nights as I was writing a lot of it by hand, but if you are just going to read and do the course it should only take you a night.

Mrs O was happy that I had done this course as she said that it showed my commitment and initiative in looking for study in my own time.

Good luck for anyone who is going to take it! I will be looking at doing the 3-5 year old course as well when I get a minute.

Xxx

Pauline
25-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback Pink Fairy it is great to hear how people get on with the courses so thank sfor taking the time to share your experience.

It is nice to know that Ofsted recognise your hard work too in looking for self development and working in your own time. :thumbsup:

Kezzle
23-04-2012, 05:58 PM
It's good to see peoples views on these courses. Because you can do them in a few hours to me they feel like they'll not provide information i don't already know, but if i can add it to the list of training and qualifications i've undertaken and it gives parents more confidence in coming to me over others then it's money well spent. :)

cherc
09-01-2014, 09:28 AM
hi can you please send me link to start course
many thanks cher

Rick
09-01-2014, 04:03 PM
many thanks cher

Pauline will have a look for the link and post later :thumbsup:

Pauline
09-01-2014, 04:30 PM
many thanks cher

Hi Cher, I've just had a look it seems that the course has now been withdrawn and there doesn't seem to be anything else similar :(

Rick
09-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Hi Cher, I've just had a look it seems that the course has now been withdrawn and there doesn't seem to be anything else similar :(

Thanks for having a look Pauline