PDA

View Full Version : School drop off/collection only

Helpinghands
30-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi everyone

I am taking on a new girl next week for drop off and collection only. I was just wondering how everyone else charges for this?

She is 10 years old and I will be taking her 4 days a week. Do I need them to sign a contract?

This is going to be a really stupid question...but I've never done school drop offs before and I dont know the school...do we literally just take them to the gates? and say bye??

Jo:blush:

Minstrel
30-08-2008, 03:30 PM
I would have a contract to cover you over payments etc.

Ask mum about how she usually drops/ collects her. Some 10y/o happy to be dropped at the first sight of school. Others may want you to go right in. Also mum may want you to see her safely in for her own piece of mind.

sarah707
30-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes contracts...

Yes permissions - relevant to her age - I would include things like using computer, making a hotmail account, using playstation and lengths of time parents happy with ...

Think about a behaviour agreement with the girl... things like stopping electronic equipment when requested, not picking up little ones or taking responsibility for them / taking them to the loo etc(safeguarding issues)...

Ask her what she likes to do after school and agree with parents about what is acceptable for them.

Ask her how she wants you to drop her off and where she wants you to wait to collect... the 9 year old I collect likes to walk out of school with his friends, so long as I can see him that's fine by me. :D

Helpinghands
30-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Cool thankyou x

Chatterbox Childcare
30-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I would say yes to contracts - protects both parties

I would take her to the drop off point at school and introduce yourself to her teacher, explaining your position and that you will be dropping off and collecting for 4 days a week.

Mum should have already told the school your contact details but they forget this a lot so I always check with the office.

As for fees - I would charge £15-£17 per day.

sarah707
31-08-2008, 06:33 AM
I charge a max of £3 per hour for before and after schoolers...

It used to be a bit more, but then 2 after school clubs opened locally, one charging £5 for an after school session to 6pm and I had to stay competitive.