PDA

View Full Version : Topics

mummyroysof3
30-08-2008, 02:27 PM
hi, how often do you change topics? seems some things there might be loads of activities you could do? for them so just wondered if you set a time limit

If i for example picked one topic per month, would you do an activity everyday based on that or just a few a week and the rest of the time is freeplay

my children are 18 months and 3 1/2 and they spend most of the time just playing with whatever they pull out of the toy boxes unless they ask for playdough, colouring etc which they cant get to on their own

could just do with a general rundown of how the long, medium and short term planning works really

thankyou to anyone thathelps

charlotte x:)

CCJD
30-08-2008, 02:48 PM
hi, I don't if this right but I was planning to allocate a topic for each month. I normally plan around 5 activities a week (like drawing,painting,playdoh etc) and I was planning to steer these activities in the directIon of our theme. Still loads of time for free play and child led activities and if something comes up that they really enjoy we have lots of spare time to work this in too. Sounds like you are thinking along the same lines as me-hopefully we're not both wrong!

Annie_T
30-08-2008, 02:48 PM
i plan on doing a topic a month (but will depend on the topic if it lasts shorts or longer)

i think as long as you do something each week it doesnt matter how many things you do in a week hun as long as your doing your orbs etc x

hope that helps x

sarah707
30-08-2008, 03:25 PM
hi, I don't if this right but I was planning to allocate a topic for each month. I normally plan around 5 activities a week (like drawing,painting,playdoh etc) and I was planning to steer these activities in the directIon of our theme. Still loads of time for free play and child led activities and if something comes up that they really enjoy we have lots of spare time to work this in too. Sounds like you are thinking along the same lines as me-hopefully we're not both wrong!

Thank you for saving me typing all that out CCJD! :D

Minstrel
30-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Sarah- It seems your teachings must be sinking in somewhere, sounds like everyones getting the hang of it now!:thumbsup:

Good Luck to all on Monday and onwards!:D

CCJD
30-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Sarah I can't tell you how much this forum and advice have helped me get a grip on the EYFS. Without it I would have been quite lost in where to start and what the expectations of this are-a huge thank you.

sarah707
30-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Sarah I can't tell you how much this forum and advice have helped me get a grip on the EYFS. Without it I would have been quite lost in where to start and what the expectations of this are-a huge thank you.

That's what the forum is here for... :D

lorraines little treasures
30-08-2008, 06:06 PM
i have monthly themes, i have 12 files on my shelf and follow them each month adding more each time,if we go out on outings i try and carry out theme work when we are out depending on the theme for the month the kids really enjoy it.

Chatterbox Childcare
30-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I have a topic a month but this often changes due to the childrens interests and then the planning is adapted.