PDA

View Full Version : Childminder/Childcarer

Schnakes
30-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I have just got a letter from Ofsted about the new registration system, and the areas that we have to comply to etc.

In this letter it says that if you look after over 3 kids under 5 it is an offence to call yourself a childminder, instead you must call yourself a childcarer.

I have a variation on my numbers which means I can have 4 under 5's on a Friday. Am I a childminder or a childcarer? And whats the difference?!?

Did anyone else get the letter?

Cheers,
Sx

Bumblebee
30-08-2008, 02:48 PM
it states in my letter that if more than 3 people are caring for children at any one time on the premises it is not classed as childminding, but should be registered as a childcare provider. :)

Bushpig
30-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I have just got a letter from Ofsted about the new registration system, and the areas that we have to comply to etc.

In this letter it says that if you look after over 3 kids under 5 it is an offence to call yourself a childminder, instead you must call yourself a childcarer.

I have a variation on my numbers which means I can have 4 under 5's on a Friday. Am I a childminder or a childcarer? And whats the difference?!?

Did anyone else get the letter?

Cheers,
Sx

Oh dear, I also have a variance for 1 day a week!:eek:

I just got my new registration certificate from OFSTED, with the new variation on it, and it says I am a childminder... not childcarer...?

ruby
30-08-2008, 05:01 PM
i have been reading 'who Minds' Autumn 2008 if you have it it says about this on page 40

after reading this my understanding is that it only changes to childcarer
when 3 persons are working together

cathy

sarah707
30-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Yes that's right June...

'you must inform us if more than 3 people care for children at any one time on the premises... this type of care is not covered by childminding registration'

So it is relevant only for people who work together as a mini nursery.

If this is you, you need to contact Ofsted - 08456 404040

Spangles
30-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Maybe it's another Ofsted mistake in that they have worded your letter wrong? Very confusing.

I have also read it as the others have said so can only assume that the wording's wrong in your letter.

teacake2
31-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Hi, I received 2 copies of the letter, perhaps they think I need telling twice about everything. Also on the check list of things attached, I notice that in the procedures for dealing with complaints it says that childminders must keep a written record for two years and that childminders must inform the parent who made the complaint within 20 days, I was wondering if these changes are only for complaints not made to OFSTED but being dealt with between minders and parents as I was told after a complaint made against me in July ( not founded I might add, just a vindictive parent, and we all know about those don't we?) that every thing had to be kept for 3 years and the time limit was 28 days.

Perhaps it is me not reading something sent to us before?
Teacake2:blush:

sarah707
31-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Complaints - what it says in the revised eyfs May 2008...

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/site/requirements/welfare/safeguarding/index.htm

Registered providers must investigate all written complaints relating to the requirements and notify complainants of the outcome of the investigation within 28 days of having received the complaint.

Registered providers must provide Ofsted, on request, with a written record of all complaints made during any specified period, and the action which was taken as a result of each complaint.

The record of complaints should be kept for at least three years.

son77
31-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi, I received 2 copies of the letter, perhaps they think I need telling twice about everything. Also on the check list of things attached, I notice that in the procedures for dealing with complaints it says that childminders must keep a written record for two years and that childminders must inform the parent who made the complaint within 20 days, I was wondering if these changes are only for complaints not made to OFSTED but being dealt with between minders and parents as I was told after a complaint made against me in July ( not founded I might add, just a vindictive parent, and we all know about those don't we?) that every thing had to be kept for 3 years and the time limit was 28 days.

Perhaps it is me not reading something sent to us before?
Teacake2:blush:

I noticed this too, but then why does it say 3 years and 28 days in the EYFS info.

How are we meant to know which is correct when they are telling us 2 different things?

sarah707
31-08-2008, 08:26 PM
I feel a letter coming on :rolleyes:

Rubybubbles
31-08-2008, 09:13 PM
hiya schnakes how you doing hun?

I got a letter, but states 3 adults hth would class as childcarer

son77
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I feel a letter coming on :rolleyes:

Go for it Sarah!!