PDA

View Full Version : Speeding!!!!!!

Minstrel
30-08-2008, 10:35 AM
:censored: I've just got back from dropping OH of with the kids to Legoland.
Great day for them unfortunately not turning out so great for me.
On way home i am fairly sure i got caught speeding on a mobile gun camera thingy.
I'm in tears now cos i think i've just ruined any chances i had of becoming a CM.
Any one else got points for speeding and what happens about it??
i'm devestated but obviously its completly my fault so very angry with myself too.
Any advice would be appreciated as I'm so upset i cant think clearly.

Chatterbox Childcare
30-08-2008, 10:41 AM
When CRB's are done they are not looking at your driving record.

Don't worry you will be okay

I have had a speeding fine for the last 2 years

Minstrel
30-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Thank you.
Are you still allowed to use your car for mindees? Have any parents said anything to you about it?

Chatterbox Childcare
30-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I haven't told them as it doesn't affect my insurance

caza
30-08-2008, 10:47 AM
How annoying for you :( Sure you'll be fine though since you dont even have to drive to be a childminder anyway. I drive but wont be using the car for minding. We are all guilty of driving a tad fast sometimes :rolleyes: doesn't mean you cant be a fantastic childminder ;)

Minstrel
30-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Oh i feel happier now. Thank you! Been driving 9 yrs and this will be my first one. it couldnt have come at a worse time- start icp next week!

tulip0803
30-08-2008, 10:50 AM
I think 3 points for speeding shouldn't affect you application so please don't panic.

My friend from London has just stopped minding (of her own choice) and she has had 9 points on her licence for years. I think OFSTED etc only check for Careless/Dangerous and Driving under the influence type things (things that are a worry) and making sure you have a valid licence. Speeding is quite minor in the grand scheme of penalty points. CRB checks are just criminal records and this would be a driving thing. I have thought that I have got got a couple of times and never heard anything - worried for months everytime postman came.

DH drives school buses and has 4 points from speeding at 99mph on m/way:eek: It shocked him into driving carefully as he had to go to court and explain to 3 magistrates why he should keep his licence.

Minstrel
30-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Doesnt help my case that OH is a copper!!!
I would have been mortifed if pulled over and i knew them!!

I called him up and he said dont panic till i am actually sure i got caught but like your OH i am already scared into being much more careful as this is not a very nice place to be in. I dont do being Naughty!!!!

FizzysFriends
30-08-2008, 11:08 AM
If its your first one and you weren't that much over the limit you can go on the course instead of getting the points. Don't panic though, I have had a couple of lots of 3 points and ofsted didn't ask and they asked to see my card part of the licence and the points only show on the paper part.

Annie_T
30-08-2008, 03:22 PM
i have 3 points tho due off nxt year hun,

if you have been caught you should get letter within a week (i did)

inspector was not worried tho that could be coz i stated i wouldnt be using car straight away

ajs
30-08-2008, 04:06 PM
i wouldn't worry amanda ofsted won't even make a comment
i have 6 points for speeding on my licence and the only time they are mentioned is when i am renewing my car insurance ( which incidently isn't affected either)

don't panic you'll be fine

Minstrel
30-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Thank you all so much! Glad so many of you have them too!!
OH just thinks its funny! so no support there! i have to go and collect them soon and will be using a different route.
I like the idea of the course instead of the points. i hope i get that choice. Could do without the fine though.:rolleyes:
Have calmed down a lot since this morning and i'll deal with it i'm sure.:)