PDA

View Full Version : what do you give for snacks????

kindredspirits
30-08-2008, 09:31 AM
my policy is to provide healthy snacks and drinks.... now obviously i'll have a full fruit bowl but what else do you provide as healthy snacks for your fussier child????

Wendy Woo
30-08-2008, 09:36 AM
i do have biscuits but they must eat fruit before they get one. i have got cheesy biscuits to.

But u could maybe have carrot sticks or cucumber!!

Bread sticks i have found go down rather well aswell.

All mine seem to be really good fruit eayers which is good

Hope this helps

tulip0803
30-08-2008, 09:43 AM
I have always done some different fruits that they may not be used to seeing as well as apples, bananas and grapes. Not always successfully didn't like lychees or plums:D. They do tend to like raisins and dried fruits.

mini pitta bread, toast, croissant, bagel, cheese scone, fruit scone, plain scone, I used to try to vary things.

miss mopple
30-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Cheese, breadsticks, fruit (fresh and dried), cereal bars, toast, mini pittas and dip, carrots, peppers etc, humzingers, fruit bars, smoothies.

manjay
30-08-2008, 09:55 AM
bread sticks or veg sticks with dip, cheese & crackers, rice cakes, fruit smoothie ice lollies. I also quite often give homemade muffins, cakes, cereal bars all with "hidden" goodies in.

Pauline
30-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Breadsticks (although you have to watch out as some makes do have high salt content) dried fruits and fruit mainly.

Pudding Girl
30-08-2008, 10:28 AM
fruit and veg
organix cereal bars
ricecakes/oatcakes
cheese cubes
toast, breadticks, bagel

Alibali
30-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Houmous and dips always go down well, pancakes, cheese and apple are lovely together. I don't give too much dried fruit due to high sugar content and the fact they stick to their teeth.

Homemade cakes/pancakes/scones- this way you include a baking activity and snack!!!

donnahay0
30-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Yogurts & shortbread go nice together. Muller rice pots, pots of custard make a nice change. Cheese and pineapple or grapes go down well. I have a fussy eater so I give him those mini sausages. A vegetable platter with a dip that they like.

Toast, bagels, a plate of sandwiches or pitta pockets, cheese and crackers.