PDA

View Full Version : 4 year old boys....

kindredspirits
30-08-2008, 09:27 AM
i've got a 4 year old boy doing a few hours a week for the next month or so until he starts full time school and then he'll be mornings and after school every day, when he goes full time i'll also have another4 year old boy, so i'm hoping they'll entertain each other a bit, but until then what do you recommend i do for activities?
i'm going to venture into town and get some colourings pens and pencils, i've got paints.... erm playdoh?? i'm a bit at a loss, i know he'll probably sit quite happily playing with georges toys but i want to suggest a few more structured things as well so mum knows i'm bothering.

tulip0803
30-08-2008, 09:39 AM
interesting themes

Dinosaurs
Vehicles
People who help us
Bugs
Wild animals

The boys where I work have made volcanoes over the summer - papier-mache a volcano shape round a yoghurt pot, when dry paint then seal with PVA glue. put a little red food colouring, bicarbonate of soda and vinegar in and you have a volcano (chemical reaction makes it erupt). Best to do the last bit outside cos it can get very messy:D

louise
30-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi, I had a girl last year for 4 hours 2 days a week. I was a bit worried as i didn't have many girl toys she loved my ds. Tbh The time went so quick by the time we got home had lunch, played and done a craft. Craft was easy as hallowen soon came then we had bonfire night, next we started to do xmas bits.

Anyway back to 4 year old boys. My son who is also 4 loves
any craft,
the elc happyland stuff,
Cars,
dressing up,
lego/duplo ect
games- pairs is a hit at the mo.

All about me would be a good topic when you have both of them.

Have fun. My ds has just got into Power rangers and that has been a learning experiance for me who hated boys tv when i was younger.

Loux