PDA

View Full Version : Minding when not registered

berkschick
11-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi all,

I am really annoyed!

I have just been looking on Gumtree and there is someone in my area advertising to childmind when they are not even registered! They even have the nerve to say "Why pay a childminder when I can do the job just aswell for half the price?"

They say they are police checked but thats it! I pretended to be an interested parent and asked if they are registered, insured, etc and of course they are not but they will mind for £2 an hour.

I am annoyed because I have just spent 4 months and goodness knows how much money registering and setting up, doing first aid, etc. And also because her advert is right above mine and I am worried she will pinch my business! :angry: :angry:

Is there anything I can do?

Love

Debbie

sarah707
11-01-2008, 09:30 AM
If you know who she is you can report her to social services and Ofsted... and you can write an email to gumtree saying that someone is acting illegally.

What she is doing is against the law...

If I have any more ideas, I'll come back :D

berkschick
11-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I dont know who she is, just have her email address and mobile number and of course the advert!

I have reported her to Gumtree, hopefully they will act!

:angry: :angry:

Polly2
11-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Thats TERRIBLE!

Who in their right mind would send their kids to someone like that! :angry:

Definately needs reporting pronto.

Blaze
11-01-2008, 09:41 AM
I would also pass the info on to OFSTED...it's part of their job to deal with people like this.
Tasha:)

angeldelight
11-01-2008, 09:48 AM
OMG that is terrible Debbie what a cheeky person she is

I would email Ofsted and give them the link etc and tell them what you have told us and tell them that you expect them to act on your information

Good luck let us know the outcome

Angel xx

berkschick
11-01-2008, 09:49 AM
On phone to OFSTED now.........

angeldelight
11-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Let us know what they say

xx

berkschick
11-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Wow, OFSTED were fantastic about it! I thought they might think I was just bitter cause she was on "my patch!"

I got passed to the investigation team, never knew there was such a thing! She took all the details from me and called up the advert on her PC so she could read it for herself. She agreed that it is illegal what this woman is offering. They are going to investigate it further and let me know the outcome.

Hopefully they will catch her before it is too late!

Will let you know the outcome.

Love

Debbie

angeldelight
11-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Well done hope people contact you now instead of her the cheeky so and so

Wonder if Ofsted will let you know what happens?

Angel xx

berkschick
11-01-2008, 10:12 AM
They asked me if I wanted to know the outcome and I said yes. I think they will write to me as she confirmed my address back to me.

She asked if I minded if they passed my details on to the lady I had reported, eerrr, no I dont think so! Lol

Love

Debbie

ajs
11-01-2008, 10:43 AM
well done for reporting her. it only needs her to have an incident with a child for all childminders to get more bad press just waht we don't need.
i had never heard og umtree so googled it looks like a good site wish we'd had something like that when i was nannying i got all my jobs through really expensive agencies

bubbly
11-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Well done Debbie. Give yourself a pat on the back :thumbsup:

mrsbumbles
11-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Well done Debbie :clapping:

Raggydolls
11-01-2008, 11:44 AM
its illegal and im sure if ofsted find her to be in breach of the law they can prosecute her

well done on finding this and for getting it dealt with asap b4 someone gets hurt in her care b4 its realised about

leanne
xx

Schnakes
11-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Hiya - one of my mums was going to leave me for unregistered care last year until she found out it was illegal. I wish Id been able to find out who it was, the cheeky so-and-so. It really annoys me that parents would rather penny pinch that have professional childcare for their children.

Anyway - Debbie - is it Chiara? Cos shes still on Gumtree - did you report it to them?

Sx

Tily Bud
11-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Well done Debbie x you did the right thing x

berkschick
11-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi,

Yeah, thats the one! Do you know her?

I bet Gumtree wont bother to do anything about it. :angry:

Love

Debbie

Wiggly
11-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Well done Debbie - people like this need to be stopped.

Wiggly
x

Mollymop
11-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Good on you Debbie, :clapping:
you are right to be concerned and you are right for reporting her and I would have done the same thing.
She can be prosecuted for this, if they find out she is looking after children.
Cheeky woman! She probably didn't realise, though, that it was illegal, as before I went to my re-reg I had no idea either. But then she should have looked it up first before advertising, etc.

son77
11-01-2008, 01:29 PM
I didn't realise it was illegal either until I started childminding.

I have heard locally though that some of the older childminders here have got fed up with Ofsted & paperwork etc so have given up their registration but carrying on minding as normal!

charleyfarley
11-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Well done on reporting her, she shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Looks like Ofsted will be doing something right for a change.

Carol xx

Schnakes
11-01-2008, 02:36 PM
No - dont know her Debbie - just being nosey!! :D
sx

Rubybubbles
11-01-2008, 02:38 PM
well done Debbie!!

:eek: at Ofsted doing something right for a change:laughing:

We need to stamp this people down:laughing:

Spangles
11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Well done for reporting her! I'm dying to know what happens! Makes you wonder why she was doing it as she can't have earned much, unless she has absolutely tons of children.

Loads of people do it illegally though, it's not a well known fact that it's against the law. A couple of ladies down the road look after each other's children during the day for each other while the other person works and I'm sure that's illegal too as it's payment in kind isn't it? I wouldn't do anything about that though.

chubbymummy
11-01-2008, 05:55 PM
well done debbie

it's good to know ofsted act on information like this straight away

LittleAcorns
11-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Well done for reporting it, it begs the question why not get registered?? Ok its a lengthy process but atleast you know everything is above board, please let us know what happens x

emler
11-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Well done Debbie! Can't believe people would consider leaving their kids with someone like that!

Emler x

Trouble
11-01-2008, 08:25 PM
i cant believe people send their children to these people for the sake of 1 or 2 pounds:veryangry:

jo f
11-01-2008, 08:31 PM
:panic: Some people! :panic:
I can't believe how open she is about it!
Hopefully ofsted will ring as a prospecive parent and she will be caught red handed so to speak.
I bet its surprising how many parents don't know about it being against the law , and just are after cheap childcare, they will soon change their minds when they can't claim help with fees

Spangles
11-01-2008, 08:33 PM
I think what it boils down to is that parents don't realise what a childminder is and what we offer. That, and they are often looking for bargains which is disgusting when it comes to the welfare of your children.

deeb66
12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Well done Debbie

let us know what happened when ofsted get back to you.

LittleMissSparkles
12-01-2008, 05:04 PM
just catchin up with what ive missed,

well done debbie, you may have saved a child from harm or god forbid worse by reporting this person, be proud of yourself xxxx I am of you xxx

katickles
14-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh my god, i'm not suprised that your annoyed! thats bad. I would definatly report them to ofsted, like you said it takes time & money to register & its also against the law to mind when not registered!! The cheek of some people!:eeeek: