PDA

View Full Version : head lice

Paula J
29-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I have had little girl today who is lovely we were sat reading and I noticed black dots in her very blonde hair further investigation HEAD LICE I left it as it is not her fault but when dad collected i mentioned it and he said "Ye mum will sort it she already knows! " What is the policy on this I love the child but had five others do we exclude her I have asked dad to tell mum to give me a ring Monday to advise but not really sure what to say do I exclude till they have gone or what ???:(

Pauline
29-08-2008, 07:47 PM
I'll just move this to minding chat for you Paula, you will get more replies in there.:)

Paula J
29-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Cheers new to this and find it a little scary!!

Pauline
29-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Cheers new to this and find it a little scary!!

Don't worry babe, everyone found it scary at first but soon you will be a veteran!! If you happen to post in an area that isn't perhaps the best one, don't worry, myself or one of the mods can soon move it for you. :)

The main thing is to be here and have fun! :D

Monkey1
29-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Thats a bit naughty of the mum.:angry: I don't think you can exclude her. I would put up a big sign saying "There has been a reported case of headlice in this setting, please check your childs hair and ENSURE they are nit free to help prevent it spreading to other children, thank you. If nothing else hopefully it will make her shame faced!

Paula J
29-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks my love because i proberly will thankyou for been so nice:) Paula

CCJD
29-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi, I would be inclined to send a note to all parent advising of lice and asking them to check regulary to prevent spreading. It seems that lice love some kids -my 6 year old daughter only has to smile at a child who has them and she gets them. We have discovered a miracle for lice and eggs called 'no more lice" and was invented by a group of mums who were fed up with products out there- reviewed by the times and sold inboots - it's a long pronged comb with engraving all down prongs and with one good long wet comb it takes everything out- lice and eggs - it has changed our lives(well as much as a lice combe can!). I would advise this combe also in your letter-it's not cheap at 10 pounds but so worth it.

PaulaR
29-08-2008, 09:16 PM
You arn't allowed to eclude them but I after many years of my daughter bringing head lice home from school I know they are a pain to getr ridoff.
I bought a comb for about £10 with tight spiral metal prongs and yes it took the egss away aswell which was brilliant.
You could offer to lend one out, which is what I might do if the situation arrises.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I would do a bug busting letter explaining to all parents that you have a case of nits and ask if everyone would do their childrens hair on (set a date) and that way it should be erradicated.

If mum doesn't do it I would then ask her to do it personally and state that you cannot have her back unless she does something.

cloud9
29-08-2008, 10:29 PM
you are however allowed to contact the parents and arrange for the child to be collected and treated, they can then return 24 hours later.

mum22
30-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Head lice amaze me how they prefer some hair to others - why ??
by the way .... hate them hate them hate them

singlewiththree
30-08-2008, 07:02 AM
My DD was the same had lice loads then suddenly stopped, bizaar. She is intoelrant to chemicals so I bought herbal tea tree head lice shampoo from the health food shop and just did the check every day and brush through with a nit comb it takes about 2 weeks but then they are gone. Brushed through all our hair and for the first time I got head lice!

disney
30-08-2008, 09:19 AM
i know that at schools ect you are not allowed to exclude with this but however i have my own set of policys written on various illnesses and it states that i know that at schools you are not allowed to exclude childrten with this . but this is my home and if a child has head lice and parents are aware & the child has not been treateed straight the way then i can not have them in my setting untill they have been treated :) as this would not be fair on all my other mindees , their family and my family who all would need to be treated :eek: i have asked ofsted if i am allowed and they said if you have it written in your policy and parents have signed to agree then you are covered ( sorry dont do bugs , fleas , head lice ect im also allergic )

kindredspirits
30-08-2008, 09:21 AM
i think its a case of now you've mentioned it making sure that there has been some effort of treatment. if they don't they clearly don't respect you, i know some kids just seem to get them again and again BUT if you are trying to clear them then she will have some clear spells.

FizzysFriends
30-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi, I would be inclined to send a note to all parent advising of lice and asking them to check regulary to prevent spreading. It seems that lice love some kids -my 6 year old daughter only has to smile at a child who has them and she gets them. We have discovered a miracle for lice and eggs called 'no more lice" and was invented by a group of mums who were fed up with products out there- reviewed by the times and sold inboots - it's a long pronged comb with engraving all down prongs and with one good long wet comb it takes everything out- lice and eggs - it has changed our lives(well as much as a lice combe can!). I would advise this combe also in your letter-it's not cheap at 10 pounds but so worth it.

This can be got on prescription.